• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro zone D00M

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    The bloke opposite me thinks that as well.
    I told him that it isn't funny and he should be more serious.
    Bit harsh, I thought that quote was very funny actually, even at the time.

I can't claim it as my own though, it was made by another one of our congregation, not me. Whoever it was had a bit of support on here as I recall, including scoopershot of course. I can't remember who it was now...

Comment

2015 before we begin to see any sign of a steady recovery.
      surprisingly enough, property prices will be the first indicator as they start to rise and the construction industry starts to show a steady growth as a there is a drive to build domestic properties.
      The high street retail sector will continue its slow spiral down as internet shopping increases.
      Commercial Road transport (Heavy Goods) will show a steady decline as the heavy industries move to developing countries, but delivery companies and the number of smaller more economical delivery vehicles will on our roads will increase dramatically.
      Much of the public sector will be privatised by 2017 as local government streamline down to a small central core of public sector workers
      2017 will also see less reliance on fossil fuel fired power generation as the current collection of antiquated power stations are decommissioned as required by paticle emittance legislation already in place.
      Gas prices will attain a record high in 2015 as Russia raises its prices to help combat their own economic crisis.
      The USA in 2014, it's dollar strong against the european currencies sees another round of recession as unemployment rises due to a drop in exports and the resultant streamlining of their own industries and loss of high street retailers. this will continue until 2017 at the earliest.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Much of the public sector will be privatised by 2017 as local government streamline down to a small central core of public sector workers
        One can dream.

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        2017 will also see less reliance on fossil fuel fired power generation as the current collection of antiquated power stations are decommissioned as required by paticle emittance legislation already in place.
        But what will replace them? I do hope it is nuclear.

Comment

Back to ‘value for money’ holidays in Greece.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            One can dream.

But what will replace them? I do hope it is nuclear.
            Wind Turbines
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
            X