• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Disturbing statistics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Kewl. Just tried scanning a book bar code. Need to be on-line to get the title and need some kind of software to make a database, but the metadata provided the price.
    If you're on android have a look for "book catalogue" in the marketplace. It does the lookups at google books or amazon etc + lets you export as CSV and email it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I deduce from this that you can read. It is also clear that if only so few of your books are by Clarkson, you have a broad reading range which indicates a sophisticated mind.
      Sophisticated and educated.
      You get Christmas presents, which tells me you are of Judeao/Christian culture, and you get many presents which indicates a family man who is popular. The fact that many presents are unopened shows that you are either lazy or busy, posting on a contractor forum means that you are both, lazy and busy.
      Sophisticated, educated, popular family man, non muslim, lazy with a busy life.
      Why would you be disturbed at having a clarkson book, considering that you are generally broad minded ? because you are a left winger and you like to wear your politics on your sleeve

So, we have a Sophisticated, educated, non muslim, popular family man, lazy with a busy life , who is a bit of a loud mouthed Trot

Check out the the Milanese man bag sophisticated man that is yourself, so sophisticated where you clearly had to google the word to use it in your verse and that is why you have a capital letter on Sophisticated.

You are ex army and dropped you kickers within 100 yards of Kilwilkie Road, the sound of a tile moving made you pish your downed pants. You were unemployed for years and somehow think the cheeky chappy scouser routine gets you some kind of friction and level of debate with people who are clearly above your station.

Harsh and fair.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Harsh and fair.
        and accurate
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          If you're on android have a look for "book catalogue" in the marketplace. It does the lookups at google books or amazon etc + lets you export as CSV and email it.
          your phone is going to put me out of a job. Whats the point in having 'ace database designer' on my CV if a mobile phone can do the same job, plus be used to make phone calls ?

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Actually and honestly I appogise for that, seen a personal critique which got me angry and replied with a personal critique. That was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Actually and honestly I appogise for that, seen a personal critique which got me angry and replied with a personal critique. That was wrong.
              I was not having a personal go at doobie, who I like .

I was taking a sentance and analysing it to death, to come up with some disturbing statistics. I thought it might be amusing

clearly not. I will make my amends to doodab via the rep system
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                your phone is going to put me out of a job. Whats the point in having 'ace database designer' on my CV if a mobile phone can do the same job, plus be used to make phone calls ?
                It makes phone calls?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  It makes phone calls?
                  I reckon I am the only contractor in the world, who doesn't own a mobile phone
                  or a watch

beat that

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

I do not have a watch, never have and never will. Cannot drive either.

I have a drum kit, and an xbox 360.

Comment

I have a rather bulky pocket watch, which occasionally doubles as a mobile phone.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X