• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London 2012: Missiles may be placed at residential flats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All a bit like putting the tanks outside Heathrow in 2003.. a pointless show of force
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      They've started right on time winding up the media machine

Have people never wondered why they put the dates/times when nuclear subs go to and from Faslane in the papers and get the familys to wave the subs off. After all they're supposed to be "stealthy".

Simple answer. What point is a deterrent if no-one knows its there. Half the stories you hear from now to Opening Ceremony will be strategically placed to inform anyone of trying anything stupid.

FWIW a HVM battery on the roof of a tower block = minimal strategic importance. Telling people a missile battery is in London = much greater strategic importance.
      Ah, but terrorist also know that. Unless you think they are trying to put the willies up the paying customers.

Maybe it's the old magicians trick. As you watch the gesticulating hand with the hanky in it, the other hand is pushing the button of a tactical intercontinental nuclear missile.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Excuse me officer, could you tell me the time please?

Yes.

<blam>

Two glocks?
        Hammer time?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So, all the terrorists need now is to ambush small defensive team at one of those houses and start firing up missiles??!?!

I think only you and churchy would consider 10 armed officers( who are bored and trigger happy) a small force.

Of course the Argies would be able to overwhelm them - but they have to get there first.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            More like the Lone Ranger.

Hi Ho silver! Away!

Who was that masked man?
            I don't know, but I bet he will get some funny looks if he pops in to the bank during his tea break.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I don't know, but I bet he will get some funny looks if he pops in to the bank during his tea break.
              What a great idea for a bank robbery - go dressed like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                What a great idea for a bank robbery - go dressed like that.
                Yep, but be sure to have the word "police" written on your gun festooned amour plated jacket, lest they they think you are a robber.

Comment

The Daily Mail has helpfully provided pictures of what the Olympics could look like:

I don't see any way we can lose medals now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    The Daily Mail has helpfully provided pictures of what the Olympics could look like:
                    Having seen those pictures, shouldn't they be stationed on top of Canary Wharf?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Having seen those pictures, shouldn't they be stationed on top of Canary Wharf?
                      Why?

Comment

Working...
                      X