• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solicitors What Are My Rights ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes
    alright, I'm sure you are going to beat me for this,

but what do you mean when you say...

"my freeholder made me pay £500 for a liciense to sell the place, it needs to be signed by me, my buyer and the freeholder",

Do you own the flat ? Then you are the freeholder ?

Confused from Germany.

Milan.
    Milan, you aren't half a _muppet_ - go back to sleep!

To the OP - technically you need the freeholder's consent to sell, but legally they can't unreasonably withhold this, and a long delay could be construed as effectively withholding consent.

If this issue isn't sorted out very soon, I'd ask your solicitor to apply to the High Court for an order to appoint a new manager of the freehold. See thingie.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 26 May 2006, 19:34.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Solicitors without a doubt are the most useless people on the planet , high cost low output.

Most people would be out of work if they delivered the same level of service.

What are your rights? , Ha dont make me laugh , the only rights you have are to sack the useless twat and employ another equally useless one or to keep paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitbucket
        Solicitors without a doubt are the most useless people on the planet , high cost low output.

Most people would be out of work if they delivered the same level of service.
        Yes I agree. I have successfully represented myself twice. Just learn to read people and legalese and you're on the right track.
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Update, the place I was buying pulled out as it was taking to long and we could not give a date when we would know for sure the liciense would be returned I am so, so, so, so angry I want to go and visit the freeholder and rip his head of. My buyer is also concerned now

To top it off when I got home last night there was a letter from the freeholder asking for his £32 ground rent, its not due to be paid till June 24th, so he sent it to me one month in advance, and in the letter it asks me to 'pay as soon as possible' ! What a fecking joke, I am totally being shafted, I dont think Ive ever been this angry before, I am fumming. Its ok for him to ask me to send him £32 asap, but if pay £500 (which was well over the odd) for something from him he will just sit on it, and if my buyer pulls out I need to pay the freeholder £500 again.

Im going to see another solicitor next week to see what I can claim from the freeholder. I want to screw him over big time.

One thing I noticed was he runs his office under the name of 'xxxxx & Partners', I checked companies house and I cant see it registered, and there is no VAT number on his invoices to me. Should a Partnership be registered with companies house ? Im interested in any area I can **** him over on
          Last edited by Ivor1; 27 May 2006, 14:21.

Comment

Working...
          X