• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said that contractors have no political sway?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Nah mate, you just sound like a w4nker.

I'm glad you don't work for me.
    WHS.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Nah mate, you just sound like a w4nker.

I'm glad you don't work for me.
      Unless you sit on a board of directors for a large company, I am never likely to work for you so don't worry your little head about it.
      Im not a w4nker. But I am unforgiving when I find arsholes in my team. From my point of view I have to run a team of up to 15 guys to get a result. Two of them were smug and sheer lazy despite having jobs at the end of the project unlike the other 4 of their colleagues. THat meant that 12 guys were missing their families and other halves doing their work for them.

Their downfall was bragging that it didn't matter what I did because they would be doing the same job they always did when I'd gone.

I don't like people that don't work hard when they are in a privileged position. I praise the guys that have done good work for me and I go out of my way to bury the ones that don't. At the end of the day, my reputation is built on delivering the projects my clients give me.

In their new team, these guys would have been class one career climbers and back stabbers, and it would have taken months for someone to rumble them. By that time the team would have been harmed.

I just tipped the manager off that he was getting damaged goods at an opportune time when he had a good place to keep them busy. To be fair I also pointed him in the direction of others that worked with them, so that he could be sure I was not settling old scores.

At the end of the day although its nice to hope they end up in the red zone, they don't have to go. But if they say no then it will give my client the excuse to get rid of them.

As to answer the question will it help me in the long run? Yes My client just sent me an email thanking me for having the balls to warn him. He apparently spoke to the other two guys that I suggested he speak to... I was quite reserved in my judgement of them.

Comment

Working...
      X