• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a feminist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darrenb View Post
    In the theory of feminism, it's about "equality". In the practise of feminism it's about "sameness". For instance, the idea that women should always perform the same roles as men, including firefighting, soldiering, etc.

Enough said.
    Shouldn't they be fighting for mens right to have babies then [/Monty Python]
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Not pulling the trigger requires more strength.
      Depends on the situation. This is where intelligence is needed. And personally I reckon women are calmer under pressure. Except during rag week. And obviously female soldiers could not be deployed in shopping zones where they would get distracted.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        If you were in a burning building you would much rather Mrs BP turned up than Wilmslow.

As for soldiering, how much of that requires strength? Pulling a trigger is quite easy.
        I think a woman holding a gun who has PMT is pretty scary
        Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Depends on the situation. This is where intelligence is needed. And personally I reckon women are calmer under pressure. Except during rag week. And obviously female soldiers could not be deployed in shopping zones where they would get distracted.

I knew a woman who was very calm under pressure - turned out she didn't fully understand the situation thereby proving the case that ignorance is bliss!

Comment

Working...
          X