• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Banking Group Contract News <<Placeholder>>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's slowly spreading - not big bang.
    Where there is largescale projects then these are being fully outsourced, then some of the more central functions are being moved to partners.

As for Halifax, not sure, are these data-centre roles?

I've had calls from Wipro et al to go into LBG - just a lot of the time they're trying to get you to take rates that are laughable and bollox to helping them kick more out of a role by surpressing the market rate further. so i just say sure - that'll be £600 per day and usually get, we can only offer £350 - eeerm goodbye and good luck.
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Worked in a couple of LTSB/HBOS places and the departments do not hire from the UK anymore and have not done for years.

I have heard it is carnage now in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
        ]just a lot of the time they're trying to get you to take rates that are laughable and bollox to helping them kick more out of a role by surpressing the market rate further,.
        Imho - resistance is futile

Contract 3rd LIne Support Engineer job - Bracknell Berkshire - May-04-2012 (CyMA1)

That's appalling given the quals wanted, along with the broad range of techs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Where's this happening then? They seem to be actively recruiting contractors 'oop north'. I know of two people they've just taken on and more in the pipeline. It is 'in the know' grey market stuff at the moment rather than bucket shop agency recruitment but it's active.
          Is this on the IT or business side? The business side have a bit more sense and are not moving to the partner model.
          In IT this is against the general trend and IT senior management strategy, but know they are doing this in some areas where the 'partners' have stuffed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmitageShanks View Post
            In IT this is against the general trend and IT senior management strategy, but know they are doing this in some areas where the 'partners' have stuffed it up.
            I do like the way people who bang on about "IT senior management strategy" cannot string a sentence together.

Comment

Working...
            X