• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Our IT companies may relocate to other European countries, India warns UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe the statement from Osbourne, it really makes my blood boil.

I've posted it elsewhere , but in EVERY SINGLE OTHER COUNTRY I've ever worked in (and thats a lot) IMMIGRATION IS IMMIGRATION, ICT or not, you still need to go through immigration, or enter on a tourist visa at least.

OMG....

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      What aTW said, in theory, anyway. What they need to do is get rid of all rules that allow any automatic right of residence and tackle the immigration fraud, like the nearly 50% of Indian students who are still here 6 years later, rather than cause problems for real business.
      I don't mind real imigrants from India, at least they'll end up paying taxes and have the same cost of living as us. If they choose to save money by sharing accomdation, that's upto them

I'd rather they crack down on ICTs, you can't compete with people working in this country on Indian wages
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Good, I hope they all feck off and then maybe our IT industry can begin to regenerate.

However, I doubt if that will happen. The muppets Osborne and Clarke will fall over themselves to ensure that the Indians continue to flood in unabated.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          ICT should be banned. Its blatant abuse of a system and any self respecting politician would ban it.
          Why? Great Britain lived high off the slave trade once... Thats all ICT is: Slavery without slave ships and chains...

Comment

What many here may not realise is that Indian IT companies are already expanding all over Europe.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              ICT should be banned. Its blatant abuse of a system and any self respecting politician would ban it.
              Now you have confused me. I always thought "ethical Recruitment agent" was the biggest oxymoron. Now I can't decide between that and the new contender.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                What many here may not realise is that Indian IT companies are already expanding all over Europe.
                Are you taking the piss?

Ok, seriously folks, who didn't know?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                  Why? Great Britain lived high off the slave trade once... Thats all ICT is: Slavery without slave ships and chains...

Here is newsflash dude - the slave is you.

HTH

Comment

LONDON: India today warned the UK that its IT majors may relocate their business to other European countries, if the British government insists on tough visa rules which affect Indian IT professionals.

"He specifically referred to the UK border agency treating intra-company transfers of IT experts, professionals and highly skilled workers as prospective immigrants which has affected has badly affected the performance of Indian companies operating in the UK," it said.
                    Er, good luck finding other European countries which don't have immigration controls.

Or countries where you don't have to register as a resident with your local authority within so many days of moving there.

Oh, and where ID cards are not compulsory.

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      That is the most stupid statement I have read on CUK.

Slavery was the doing of the upper class gentry such as Barclay’s brothers (Bank) and I have my doubts if it involved India. The working class of this country had nothing to do with slavery and in fact they suffered abuse at the same time. You are now suggesting that the working class pays for the wrong doing of companies like Barclays and the corporate will once again profit.

I can assure you that my ancestors and myself have never profited from slavery and as such I have not intention of apologising or paying compensation or giving jobs in return.

Keep ICTs out!
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X