• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Ex-wives win key divorce rulings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this guy should go back to court and point out that her commitment to the marriage also included keeping the house clean and tidy as well as conjugal duties which he expects her to sustain as long as his payment does!
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Morale of the story - marry some girl who works at the checkouts for min salary...
      Huh?

In Miller's case, married less than 3 years, he's having to fork over a third of his savings simply because she had an "expectation of a significantly better standard of living"

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
        because she had an "expectation of a significantly better standard of living"
        IMO that's really taking the piss.

Comment

The real problem with the miller case is that the judge took in to consideration the guy had f*cked around on his wife. The judgement sounded like the guy was punished for playing away from home, not for the woman losing her earning potential because she was looking after kids...oh thats right...they didnt have kids so what exactly has she been doing for the last three years! (obviously not blowing her husband! )

However I agree with the second case as they had been married for 18 years and she most likely did actually contribute a hell of a lot to running the house and family over that time.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            IMO that's really taking the piss.
            Agreed and nice ezboard emoticon.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

The knock on effect from this ruling is going to be really bad.

When I get divorced I will make sure that I have nothing left in the bank - stick it all under some floorboards is the only way.

Comment

I think these rulings only go to support my assertion that the UK divorce system is designed to maximise lawyer income.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  oh thats right...they didnt have kids so what exactly has she been doing for the last three years! (obviously not blowing her husband! )
                  Mailman, I know your parents haven't taken you through the birds and bees yet, but I feel obliged to point out that blowing your husband off can't result in a pregnancy.
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
                    When I get divorced I will make sure that I have nothing left in the bank - stick it all under some floorboards is the only way.

Not taking this marriage-for-life thing seriously then, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
                      Well, this may land you in prison for lieing to court - and they will still get the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X