• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil Storage Tank Disposal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried to find out why it's weeping ?
    People are so keen these days to go straight for the angle grinder solution when sometimes a little understanding or counselling can resolve the problem

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Can't you just fill it with earth and plant a big fir tree in it, or bury it in the garden?

Think outside the box, or in this case inside the box.
      I was thinking of using each half as a planter or a barbecue. Either way still have to be able to make the cut without blowing myself up up.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        I was thinking of using each half as a planter or a barbecue. Either way still have to be able to make the cut without blowing myself up up.
        A junior hack saw, some lubricating oil and elbow-grease!

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigD View Post
          Where do you live? 1965?
          Finest Yorkshire. It’s a great shame the demise of the rag and bone man.
          one day at a time

Comment

How about a high-pressure water cutter?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              I've just bought a Titan 1300L oil tank.

It's to replace a metal tank who h is showing sins of weepage.

My question is this. To dispose of the metal tank I propose to cut it up with an angle grinder and take it to the scrappy.

My concern regards the flammabiluty of any residual oil contained within with respect to the sparks generated by the grinder.

If it were petrol I know I'd definitely have a problem here but is domestic heating oil so volatile?
              The way to weld a petrol tank is to fill it with water; do the same to your tank and then drain it after a few days and then cut it up.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                The way to weld a petrol tank is to fill it with water; do the same to your tank and then drain it after a few days and then cut it up.
                Where does he put the "water" that he drains out of the tank?

Comment

Leave it on the drive - the pyxies (?) will take it

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    How about a high-pressure water cutter?
                    That's not a bad idea. Will have to see if Shearns or Membury Bladwells hire them out

This is the dilemma.

Comment

Ok, in order to be environmentally friendly he can light a fire under the tank and boil off the water, if the fire gets out of hand he will have plenty of water to put it out.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X