• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thinking of getting a 24 inch LED monitor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    This one is the best: Samsung LS24A450MWT/EN 24 inch LED Monitor (5000000:1, 1920 x 1200): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Note that it is 1920 x 1200. High res and good vertical space.
    But almost twice the price of this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S24A.../dp/B0060KBY86

For that price I could get two of the 1920x1080 ones and put them side by side.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
      Anyone bought a good one recently? Amazon have got a Samsung for £135.
      Got a cheapie Samsung 26" TV for my desktop and the picture quality was decent, I'm sure it's similar to yours

It's better for gaming than my mates dedicated computer monitors, and as I'm sat right next to it buying another big screen would pointless

For smaller screens like that you don't have to spend much if you shop around
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Yeah, got three Dell Ultra 24" and one 22" on a Nvidia Quadro - doubles as a tanning salon.

Have a 30" Dell Ultrasharp for games.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Yeah, got three Dell Ultra 24" and one 22" on a Nvidia Quadro - doubles as a tanning salon.

Have a 30" Dell Ultrasharp for games.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            surely any IT contractor worth their salt should be buying six!
            FTFY

Had my 24" screen for 5 years, is a Dell WFP2407 I think, very happy and still running fine. Now my second PC, my main PC has 2 x Dell 27" screens on it.
            Last edited by Scrag Meister; 21 March 2012, 07:45.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I've got 3 Samsung 24"s - good monitors for the price.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                Anyone bought a good one recently? Amazon have got a Samsung for £135.
                If you're going to buy one then ensure it's got HDMI inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Yes.

This should come as no surprise.

Do they sell LCD screens that don't double as mirrors now?

Having spent much of the 80s getting shot of monitors with crts like that, it seems like a very dubious selling point for LCDs.
                  there aren't that many desktop LCD monitors with that problem, at least I haven't seen many.

laptops on the other hand....
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X