• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is they worth studying?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arakis777 View Post
    Eventually supply of Bobs will slow up,
    There's 1 billion of the fookers y'know!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Are they Worth Studying?

I think we would notice if they all showed up here

I thought the Tories were going to put a cap on this anyway? Not that I trust any politican to be honest - a bunch of self serving liars.
      I wonder is it, that just the IT / Telecoms sectors the only ones being affected by this?

Comment

I would like to think, there are some helpful contractors left on this site, after all aren't contractors mean to look out for one another? Well the ones I have worked with are mostly like that
        This is General, we are allowed to take the piss. Post in the others where NLUK will sort u.

Comment

Are they worth Studying?

Thanks for a info, I have now posted under Technical as this seemed the most appropriate. I enjoy a bit of banter like anyone else, but like most other people looking for any tips to scavenge a living in these tough times

Comment

Do you like films about gladiators?

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
              Do you want to see some tits?
              ftfy.

OP, look what the market is doing and make your decisions based on what you think is going to happen.

If you've been involved with telcos on the 2G, 3G stuff I would think it would be too hard to find your next contract.

Samsung, Motorola and Nokia are all looking for contractors, so you're either crap or just not looking in the right places.

As for Contractors looking after each other, what do you think it is, the Masons?

Comment

Are they worth studying?

Yes I think I will take the plunge on some of these at least, I see there is a demand for Citrix administrators at the moment.

I am certainly not crap on the Mobile stuff, even passed a tough boot camp exam on it. I just have not got many approaches about it from my CV. Perhaps I need to redo my CV.

As from my limited knowledge, the contractors I have worked with , were very friendly and willing to share knowledge (both ways). That is the experience of my friends in the industry, who have also ended up contracting. Not one of my mates said they would ever go back to permanent. I know I am fairly new to this, so may well meet some back stabbers etc along the way.

Comment

Yes I think I will take the plunge on some of these at least, I see there is a demand for Citrix administrators at the moment.
                  FFS! Try looking on Jobserve.

You're obviously a sockie because no-one is that dumb, apart from MarillionFan but he's our care-in-the-community project.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    This is General, we are allowed to take the piss. Post in the others where only NLUK is allowed to take the piss
                    ftfy
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      FFS! Try looking on Jobserve.

You're obviously a sockie because no-one is that dumb, apart from MarillionFan but he's our care-in-the-community project.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X