• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Them Giant Foxes are back!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Because it's against the law to hunt foxes with dogs.
    I thought it was allowed to use dogs during hunting but they should be pulled back to satisfy wild life's lovers objective of having fox die in some other way?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I thought it was allowed to use dogs during hunting but they should be pulled back to satisfy wild life's lovers objective of having fox die in some other way?
      You wouldn't like if I hunted squirrels, that are a bigger pest around my way, with dogs like they hunt foxes?

BTW I've noticed in my are since the introduction of Wheelie bins and the fact people use them properly there are less foxes.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

In urban areas foxes will populate and set up a den in disused or over grown gardens.

They are a scavenger by nature so often tear open bin bags for scraps.

Unfortunately some deluded idiots think its a good idea to.also feed them. So they become used to humans and still tear open the rubbish in bin day and gets some extra nosh from the animal lovers.

What they also do is attack small animals such as smaller dogs and cats.

In rural areas they tend to stay away from populated areas, never understood it but when I moved to the sticks, there were less sightings of foxes. People were less likely to feed them as they were considered nuisances.

Though one of the Norpusses got savaged quite badly on one of his forays through the fields. So it is becoming more common for them to attack domestic pets.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You wouldn't like if I hunted squirrels, that are a bigger pest around my way, with dogs like they hunt foxes?
          What's the worst thing those cute squirrels did to you?

Personally I think foxes are pretty cute and should not be hunted, however farmers who'd lose lots of chickens would have another opinion.

This fixation with banning fox hunting with dogs in this country got nothing to do with animal welware and everything with the class war.

Comment

Anything that eats cats gets the thumbs up from me.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Anything that eats cats gets the thumbs up from me.
              Why such a horrible attitude towards the best furry friends of men?

Comment

What's the worst thing those cute squirrels did to you?

Personally I think foxes are pretty cute and should not be hunted, however farmers who'd lose lots of chickens would have another opinion.

This fixation with banning fox hunting with dogs in this country got nothing to do with animal welware and everything with the class war.
                I dislike the idea of an animal being ripped apart for sport. I understand that culling animals by shooting them is a better way of keeping numbers down. The fact that banning fox hunting pissed of lots of over privileged twats was simply a bonus
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  I dislike the idea of an animal being ripped apart for sport.
                  What about poor dogs chasing rabbits in a dog racing course?

Comment

In case you haven't noticed that particular rabbit is electronic.

Unless you're mixing up hare coursing with a night down the dogs.

Oh and foxes don't just like chickens, they are also rather find of maiming sheep, and also taking lambs during birthing in lambing season.

Though not a big fan of necessary bloodshed for the sake of fun such as fox hunting.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 5 March 2012, 21:12.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

They aren't actual rabbits.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X