• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fisticuffs at Work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was once taken aside and told to stop scaring people after going apetulip at my PC during a particularly annoying debug session once.

Aside from that the only trouble I've seen at work was when I worked in a restaurant and someone got thrown through the window at the front.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      That's oracleslave. The other must be right poof to get knocked down by him.

I'm shabba ranks man, I aint no fighter!

Now come over here if you're ard enuff.

Comment

One of the contractors I worked with at a newspaper site invited a particularly obnoxious permie into the server room to look at a problem. The problem was the permie who came out looking a bit ashen.

My colleague had a quiet word with the guy whilst pinning him against a wall and threatening violence. Seems the problem was sorted he was still getting extensions long after I'd moved on to another gig.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Seen a guy glassed, a few fights, some chairs and tables broken. Even had my glasses broken and had a few stitches once.

The delights of working in a pub
          We've all had stiches, been stabbed, shot at and glassed Nick. No biggy.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I worked with an Arab who used to put his shoes on the table in heated meetings, and if he didnt like what you were saying, he'd throw them at you! HARD.

Top fella really.
            I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Worked with a contractor once who was always threatening physical violence and was a fairly large guy. He got himself into a position where he was impossible to replace as the project was behind and he was critical to the go-live process. The clientco manager called his agency early on the Monday morning after the go-live weekend and told them his services were no longer required.
              "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Once worked at place where a permie came in with a machine gun and killed 5 middle managers.

Beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  Once worked at place where a permie came in with a machine gun and killed 5 middle managers.

Beat that!
                  5 middle managers? Luxury.

At my place a sacked worker came back at lunchtime, took a plastic spoon from the canteen and scooped the eyeballs out of 10 senior managers before garotting them with their own shoelaces and pulling a security guards brain through his nostrils with a pair of tweezers as he left via the back door.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

At my place a sacked worker came back at lunchtime, took a plastic spoon from the canteen and scooped the eyeballs out of 10 senior managers before garotting them with their own shoelaces and pulling a security guards brain through his nostrils with a pair of tweezers as he left via the back door.
                    Wow. Did you they get off on grounds of diminished responsibility?
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

so the worker exited the guards body via the asshole - wow
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X