• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizons Keep fit with only 3 minutes of intensive interval training per week

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Your point is well illustrated by child prodigies who appear to have the skills but don't make the grade as adults.

Remember Sonny Pike?
    No, fill me in.

While you cogitate that, I remember Michelle Wie, a young girl so good at golf they allowed her onto the men's tour in the USA as soon as she reached 16 (maybe earlier, I can't remember).

But now at 22 years old she is back with the women and missing cuts. She was fined last week for abusing a shaft. At the time she was 20 over par so one can hardly blame her.

Actually I don't think that was my original point at all, it was the use of the word genius to describe skills that were relatively commonplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      No, fill me in.

While you cogitate that, I remember Michelle Wie, a young girl so good at golf they allowed her onto the men's tour in the USA as soon as she reached 16 (maybe earlier, I can't remember).

But now at 22 years old she is back with the women and missing cuts. She was fined last week for abusing a shaft. At the time she was 20 over par so one can hardly blame her.
      She can abuse my shaft if she likes

Actually I don't think that was my original point at all, it was the use of the word genius to describe skills that were relatively commonplace.
      Genius is relatively commonplace. High acheivement less so, perhaps because so much genius is wasted on pointless drudge of little note like banking and traffic planning and politiciking.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        No, fill me in.
        Sonny Pike

I remember him being a guest on Fantasy Football League in the 90s. There was a documentary too.

ISTR that he made a conscious decision to go abroad as he felt the standard of the EPL wasn't high enough at the time.

Comment

Luke Pike, nephew of Mark Falco. I don't remember Pike but I remember Rock Me Amadeus.

Comment

Working...
          X