• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got an email from RS saying I'd be contacted this week with more news.

'Once we receive the boards into stock, they will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis, in order of when requests were received.'

No idea where I am in the queue.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Is it not wonderful that because of duty levied by HMG, it's cheaper to assemble the damn things in China rather than here.
      It's completely moronic. 'king HMRC.

Comment

As for delays in processing orders, it's Oric and Sinclair, all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          It's completely moronic. 'king HMRC.
          Actually I think this one is down to the EU. There is an excemption mechanism as well but it's a bit complex, apparently.

Raspberry Pi and Insane Trade Rules - Forbes
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Actually I think this one is down to the EU. There is an excemption mechanism as well but it's a bit complex, apparently.

Raspberry Pi and Insane Trade Rules - Forbes
            Oh well, why let facts get in the way of a rant?

Comment

As for delays in processing orders, it's Oric and Sinclair, all over again!
              That's what I was just thinking.

Don't know why you are bothering to be honest. Are you really that bored?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                That's what I was just thinking.

Don't know why you are bothering to be honest. Are you really that bored?
                It's new and it's shiny.

It's also going to produce a very large Linux user base.

Comment

It's new and it's shiny.

It's also going to produce a very large Linux user base.
                  If you want to piss about with Linux use any old £50 laptop. What does it do that a 10 year old laptop doesn't do?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    If you want to piss about with Linux use any old £50 laptop. What does it do that a 10 year old laptop doesn't do?
                    It's smaller, it consumes less power, it's a standard hardware platform, do I need to continue?

Comment

It's smaller, it consumes less power, it's a standard hardware platform, do I need to continue?
                      No, you go ahead and have fun with your new toy. I wonder if you'll get it in time for Christmas?

Comment

Working...
                      X