• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apprentice winner Stella English to sue Lord Sugar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very few made money in business. They all seem to have media careers. Just what this country needs.
    I thought the entire point of going on that show was to increase your media profile and get money from doing that.

After the first series it was clear that it wasn't a show for those who were serious about business. You go on Dragon's Den for that.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      I thought the entire point of going on that show was to increase your media profile and get money from doing that.

After the first series it was clear that it wasn't a show for those who were serious about business. You go on Dragon's Den for that.
      Like this? Dragons done | The Sun |Showbiz|TV

Comment

those who were serious about business. You go on Dragon's Den for that.

Desperate, publicity seeking - maybe, but not serious and certainly not self respecting.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Desperate, publicity seeking - maybe, but not serious and certainly not self respecting.
          I would like to see the Dragons review your business plan.

Comment

I would like to see the Dragons review your business plan.
            I know you would but why would I want that in the first place though?

Comment

If you wanted your product sold in Sainsbury's or another big supermarket then it's obviously the place to go.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To get some business advice. Also you might want to use their contacts to get more customers in.

Comment

If you wanted your product sold in Sainsbury's or another big supermarket then it's obviously the place to go.
                  I would not have wanted to be in business supplying supermarkets - they are very good at screwing suppliers to the point of getting them to pay for products featured on shelves (ie: "marketing coop").

I see no relevancy of the Dragons and supermarkets however - just because a handful of winners managed to get deal with those does not mean it's the best way to achieve such objective.

Comment

Also you might want to use their contacts to get more customers in.
                    And pay them for their time? I've read some stories from people who got them money from them.

Last month we've spend more on new hardware that those "Dragons" often invest to grab 30%+ equity. Their level of investment is laughable and I would not have wanted a big shareholder with such attitude like they have.

Dragons are a show and a very poor one at that - the only thing about it I like is that there are people who refused their pathetic offers and went on their own to become successful.
                    Last edited by AtW; 18 February 2012, 18:34.

Comment

I would not have wanted to be in business with the barrow boy Alan Sugar
                      FTFY.

To be honest the first time I saw hime slagging a contestant off on telly, I thought "Why doesn't that contestant punch him and walk off the show?",

I suppose that said young contestant was too young and too much in awe of the Barrerboy.
                      Last edited by Sysman; 18 February 2012, 20:14.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X