• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bristol bus driver 'used vehicle as weapon'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ironically, the building next to where the car pulled in is the Bristol Magistrates Court

Comment

Hahahaha I loved watching this video last night. Glad to see a scum sucking cyclist get what they deserve. There is a website you can go on, to buy your friends a pint. I might send one to the bus driver.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I would like to know what the cyclist did first - but whatever it was the response seems incredibly extreme.
      As others said, gave the driver verbal, but in the article I read last night, it said the cyclist came up and hung on the windscreen wiper, spouted his mouth off and tried to rip the wiper off and cycled off.

Glad to see an arrogant arsewipe cyclist get what was coming to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        Come on, we've all wanted to do that to some asshole cyclist from time to time. I bet he was asking for it. Probably riding right in the middle of the road or two abreast.
        Indeed.

I have sympathy for those who obey the highway code, but outside of the countryside and in towns and cities, I have NEVER witnessed a law abiding cyclist. Shame they cant all be creamed off the roads.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        The cyclist had been giving the driver some verbal from what I read, but even so, 18 months for doing that seems a bit lenient. Open season on cyclists.
        Seems unusually harsh actually.

Truck drivers can leave people for dead in car wrecks and only get a few months in prison or just disqualification. You can rape or kill someone and get less than a few years on good behaviour.

All this cyclist had is a broken bone, yet the bus driver gets 1 1/2 years. Where is the justice in that? Other drivers have done worse to other drivers and pedestrians and avoided jail all together.

The bus diver should have porked a passenger and shot the cyclist at the same time, make it worth doing time for at least.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          Hahahaha I loved watching this video last night. Glad to see a scum sucking cyclist get what they deserve. There is a website you can go on, to buy your friends a pint. I might send one to the bus driver.

As others said, gave the driver verbal, but in the article I read last night, it said the cyclist came up and hung on the windscreen wiper, spouted his mouth off and tried to rip the wiper off and cycled off.

Glad to see an arrogant arsewipe cyclist get what was coming to him.
          It's attempted ******* murder. How the **** you can be glad about that I don't know but I hope someone tries to kill you at some point so you can be made to realise what an utter **** you are.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Come on, we've all wanted to do that to some asshole cyclist from time to time. I bet he was asking for it. Probably riding right in the middle of the road or two abreast.
            And that makes them assholes does it?

What about all the times that selfish twat **** **** nuggets like you are sat there in their cars obstructing the progress of law abiding cyclists? Can they beat your head into a pulp with a paving slab?

Twat.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              It's attempted ******* murder. How the **** you can be glad about that I don't know but I hope someone tries to kill you at some point so you can be made to realise what an utter **** you are.
              A rather over emotional response! Would you like to untwist the knickers so we can all converse? A broken leg is not attempted murder. If the driver was trying to murder him, he did a crap job of it.

I, like many others, have been caught in the middle of varying degrees of violence in the past, even though I'm a pacifist (as a personal choice, yet I dont have an ignorant notion it does not exist) either unprovoked and aimed at myself by louts or being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, caught up in crossfire between two louts. We all will have during our lives and living in this dire country encountered violence.

I am not saying murder or violence is a righteous path, more a consequence.

Let me put this to you: If I was to walk up to your car, mouth off to you and attempt to pull the wiper off, I would expect you to at the very least:
              - To scream and swear at me
              - But I would fully expect you to knock my lights out and put me in hospital.

Perhaps I'm lucky and just split my head open, perhaps you have a good punch and drive a bone in to my skull? Who knows.

That is a consequence of my behaviour, just as the cyclists broken leg is a consequence of his behaviour. You seem to have been infected by the new labour method of thinking from the past two decades which hold the bizarre notion that one can behave however they like and not have to deal with the repercussions. To those fools I say, grow up!

The fact is though, I would have antagonised you in a highly abusive manner and then tried to cause criminal damage to your property, during a heightened activity (commuting) where emotions already are typically high.

Do not expect to be able to poke a tiger, but then not get bitten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                And that makes them assholes does it?.
                PS: Yes, yes it does.

An arsehole while driving does not obey traffic laws and antagonises others.

In every single town and city outside of Cornwall Ive been to in England, I have witnessed this as others have.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                  An arsehole while driving does not obey traffic laws and antagonises others.
                  So in your view such behavior as deemed by a bus or other driver would make it lawful to murder such "arsehole"?

Comment

If there's no room to overtake, the only safe place to ride is the middle of the road - if you're at the edge, then some idiot will overtake you when there isn't room.

See Technique - Road Positioning - BikeRadar

The primary riding position is in the centre of the lane (the most left-hand lane on multi-lane roads). The secondary riding position is about a metre to the left of moving traffic, but not closer than 0.5 metres to the edge of the road (closer would mean no room for manoeuvre in emergencies and also riding over glass and other kinds of road debris). While the terms 'primary' and 'secondary' aren't defined precisely in road traffic law or in The Highway Code, they are widely used in all recognised manuals - most notably the book Cyclecraft, endorsed by The Department For Transport and the CTC (Cyclists'Touring Club).
                    In this situation the cyclist's positioning was correct.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      So in your view such behavior as deemed by a bus or other driver would make it lawful to murder such "arsehole"?
                      I never said that, all i did was verify what Alf said, general disregard for other motorists and breaking the regulations makes one an arsehole to some degree ...

Also dont confuse "lawful" with "expected" or "understandable".

It is never lawful to kill, hit/hurt or attempt to upon another.

But it is understandable, expected and in some peoples eyes as my own and Alf's, for someone to react when provoked.

To make it very simple for you:

- If you mouth off at someone, expect the same back and maybe a punch

- If you provoke them and try to inflict criminal damage, expect a violent reaction

- Realise that in some situations like under the influence of alcohol or while commuting, emotions may be heightened

- Expect others to be an arsehole if you act like one in the first place

All of this is very simple and should not have to be explained. We all learn this in pre-school when you steal a plastic train off Jimmy, then he whacks you around the head and takes it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X