• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portuguese Unemployment Rate hits record as austerity causes Greek-style death spiral

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've heard they were burning down the homes of foreigners who are pushing up house prices and making them unaffordable for the local peasants.
    thought that was Wales
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      thought that was Whales
      Those Portuguese fishermen will burn anything if you make them really cross.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Try me great Sifu.
        What part of "you're too limited cognitively and also too ignorant to understand" did you not get?
        I wouldn't talk about calculus with my two year old - why would I talk economics with you?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Half the years that Greece has existed it has been in default, its not the same situation as Portugal
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

No problem. This will also all blow over in a couple of weeks.

Comment

How are our old colonies doing economically? OZ, NZ Canada, etc. I don't suppose they'd like to buy stuff off us and visa versa while Europe does its thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                How are our old colonies doing economically? OZ, NZ Canada, etc. I don't suppose they'd like to buy stuff off us and visa versa while Europe does its thing?
                Yep, but we don't actually make anything!
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  many holiday properties being ransacked for anything they might have
                  Phew, sasguru's retirement property near Lake Chicamocomico is safe now! If only his wife Peggy know about his cunning retirement plan ...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    When the Germans have forced the Greeks out of the Euro they will start on the Portugse.
                    Perhaps.

I find it funny that everyone focuses on the Greeks. Everyone seems to have forgotten Portugal, Spain, Ireland and many others.

Italy has to be happy though. The heat is off them as their bonds slowly become unaffordable. Everyone loves jumping on Greece as it takes the heat off themselves ....

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      No problem. This will also all blow over in a couple of weeks.
                      I don't understand why Greece didn't sell off some of their northern border to the Germans. They could have made a lot of money without sacrificing the cash cow that is the holiday islands in the med.

Comment

Working...
                      X