• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM - Moody's rating agency places UK on negative outlook

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    I'm a technology advocate, but it just seems that we're destroying the planet and enriching the few ever more. The plan was always that technology would make things better, not only for people but for the world as a whole (think of when PCs and printers came out, the selling point was that this would save paper).
    I certainly agree with you on this - I thought that there would be more time for leisure not less.

We need a way of job sharing so everyone can work fewer hours and spend more time having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I certainly agree with you on this - I thought that there would be more time for leisure not less.

We need a way of job sharing so everyone can work fewer hours and spend more time having fun.
      People need challenges not "fun". Challenges come in the form of work and rearing children not going on cruises or sitting on beaches. What we should be doing is ensuring that when people fail with their challenges (and we need to have failure in our lives) then the landing should be relatively soft but not too soft to deter us from engaging with life's challenges.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        ...(and we need to have failure in our lives)...
        I knew I was missing something ....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

If Moody's is downgrading everyone - ain't this just a relative measure then?

Say wasn't Moody's heavily involved in all the corruption with the rating of the securitisation of mortgages. If so, why does anyone take them seriously?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Well if the rating agencies are downgrading countries they must be correct. After all they got it spot on rating all those CDO's with AAA ratings back in the pre 2008 years

Comment

Working...
            X