• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's only weather (again like last the last 10 years)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Those poor people are all talking gibberish.
    So would you if the council tells you to clear your path of snow and you have to start on the roof.

PS. Wind is generating a tax payer value for money 0.3% of our energy demands, so the world is saved from ravaging heat of Carbon.

n e t a | Electricity Summary Page

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      So would you if the council tells you to clear your path of snow and you have to start on the roof.

PS. Wind is generating a tax payer value for money 0.3% of our energy demands, so the world is saved from ravaging heat of Carbon.

n e t a | Electricity Summary Page
      Not to worry, the Frenchies are going to build us some nice new nukes, so we will be fine

Comment

I made it the half mile back from the Indian takeaway half an hour ago, and I had to seriously fight the urge to just lie down and die. It was just that cold. I doubt it would have taken very long, according to my phone app it's -9 here in north Oxfordshire, and that at 8pm. It has to be said that in my 40 years I've never experienced cold or snow like the last 4, and my childhood memories of hot summers and droughts every year seem a world away.

I know, the weather in Britain is not the planet, but still, to the layman it's hard to believe something isn't going on and the expert opinion that we're all doomed because of how hot it's getting just seems laughable.

I'm not saying I'm certain it's all wrong, but I think you're going to have to try a bit harder to come up with something that fits the experiences of the man in the street if you want public support.

(Jalfrezi turned out a little disapointing if you're wondering).
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Not to worry, the Frenchies are going to build us some nice new nukes, so we will be fine
          It wouldn't make any difference anyway.

If the entire population of the United Kingdom were to walk into the sea, it would save less than 2 percent of the world's carbon emissions, and the Chinese would more than replace that within months.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I made it the half mile back from the Indian takeaway half an hour ago, and I had to seriously fight the urge to just lie down and die. It was just that cold. I doubt it would have taken very long, according to my phone app it's -9 here in north Oxfordshire, and that at 8pm. It has to be said that in my 40 years I've never experienced cold or snow like the last 4, and my childhood memories of hot summers and droughts every year seem a world away.
            Minus 9 is not cold.

Go to Russia or Estonia in Winter and then you know it's cold.

Though at least in those countries airports don't shut down and cars don't crash into each other due to the snow/ice.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Minus 9 is not cold
              It might not be as cold as some places, but it is certainly cold enough to cause you problems if you aren't prepared for it.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Though at least in those countries airports don't shut down and cars don't crash into each other due to the snow/ice.
                That's true.

However airplanes crash there (Russia) far more frequently than in the West.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  1739,1947,1963 were all bad winters

The coldest record for England is −26.1 °C (−15.0 °F) in Newport, Shropshire back in 1982

I heard a water chap on t'radio saying Bewl reservoir is so empty that a drought order for Kent this summer is probable, and started rattling on about climate change being responsible - he failed to mention that the amount of new homes + new citizens moving into Kent in the last 15 years has meant that no new water supply was considered when New Labour identified Kent as a place for population growth
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Those poor people are all talking gibberish.
                    The reporter is speaking Romanian and she is talking about the snow.

“The people in the village are very happy and joyful this year because global warming has elevated the usual hardships of a harsh winter. For the first time in winter they are able to see the tops of their houses peeking through the snow. Normally the snow covers the housed completely and they are only able to visit neighbours houses in the spring.”
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

yeah right!

russia ice car crash - YouTube
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X