• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming and Venice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    Is EnviroNews a spoof ????

It reads like the eco version of the Sunday Sport...
    I dont know. I had to read the stuff three times just to get the mangled English straight in my head.

mind you, if pj is quoting it, maybe it IS genuine. (as well as being and eco version of the sunday sport)

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Reminds me of when the anti-vivisection people put up a stall in Newbury.

I'm not keen on it myself, but when I saw two big posters of a dog that had been flattened midships by a car, and a cat that had been ripped in half by two mastiffs, it made me wonder. about propoganda.

Of course, when I said this to the woman on the stall, I got the old "Excuse ME !!!!!!"

Comment

Then there is this article with this quote:

They are highly conscious of their carbon footprint, avoiding ink, paper, trucks and wastage in all their operations.
        Really, are the bins delivered by pushbike? Are the raw materials deleivered to the manufacturer by a team of coolies? I somehow don't think so and then there is this as well
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Then there is this article with this quote:

Really, are the bins delivered by pushbike? Are the raw materials deleivered to the manufacturer by a team of coolies? I somehow don't think so and then there is this as well
          Hmmm...
          We've got a lot of those wind turbines off the coast of Cumbria.

I quite like them to be honest, and if there is free power to be had, then why not?

But even the biggest only produce about three megawatts. This is usually stated as 'enough for 'x' thousand homes', but in reality three megawatts is one electric train.

Propoganda?
          Last edited by KimberleyChris; 7 February 2012, 21:47.

Comment

Working...
          X