• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    And that's what I like, you plonker.
    We need a Deputy Plonker, for when I'm not on.

Poll?

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
      We need a Deputy Plonker, for when I'm not on.

Poll?
      Russell.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Have you changed your avatar half way through a thread?

The height of rudeness.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Have you changed your avatar half way through a thread?

The height of rudeness.
          I'll PM you a picture of myself later. It's not a mask

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
            I'll PM you a picture of myself later. It's not a mask
            Can you leave it 5, I'm just knocking up some muffins in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              The problem with people is that they become polarised- pooperscoop classic example- on a point of view of for or against something, as if not wanting to lose an argument.

You mean like a capitalist system that would not allow bust banks to fail and now continues to be propped up false money; that sort of polarisation?

Honestly DA you're an agent for a reason.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                I am sure DP will be along just as soon as he has fed the pigs
                DP has got a pig farm?

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                  No, the point is that if Greece still had the Drachma they wouldn't have gone bust
                  B0ll0x - Russia in 1998 also had bonds issued in rubles rather than euros/USD yet it did not stop from defaulting and currency devalued 4 times in space of a month, if it wasn't for oil going up 10 times in the next 10 years it would still be in as bad financial situation as before: Greece does not have anything that can go in price so much to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    B0ll0x - Russia in 1998 also had bonds issued in rubles rather than euros/USD yet it did not stop from defaulting and currency devalued 4 times in space of a month, if it wasn't for oil going up 10 times in the next 10 years it would still be in as bad financial situation as before: Greece does not have anything that can go in price so much to recover.
                    It's sunny. They could invest in solar power and export electricity to the rest of Europe.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The problem is that the main 'engines' of capitalism, the banks and other financial institutions, that are supposed to wisely 'look after' our money, only have one real asset that does not in fact belong to somebody else.

That is their reputation for honesty, caution and shrewdness.

The people have now largely lost any trust they ever had in the capitalist monolith.

'Money' in its widest sense, is now regarded by many as just a grotesque game of monopoly, except played using our pension funds etc.

Capitalism has had a good innings, but now the whole system is being held up by a noose around its neck, and the taxpayer was forced to supply the ricketty stool for it to stand on.

What we would replace it with, I do not know. Communism is a non-runner, so what 'ism' do you think will take over if/when the stool collapses?

Comment

Working...
                      X