• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boarding school - good idea or bad idea?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    14? 2 weeks between visits?

I started boarding school when I was 7, in fact a week before my 7th birthday, and it never did me any harm.
    You are not a representative sample.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      no, but beasting, fagging, soggy biscuit competitions and spit roasting the juniors do

That or go to a public school in Merseyside.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        14? 2 weeks between visits?

I started boarding school when I was 7, in fact a week before my 7th birthday, and it never did me any harm.
        I say we judge the OP question by looking at the members of the congregation that boarded

Mich
        Owlhoot

are there any more ?

seems like a couple of level headed ok guys to me

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          That or go to a public school in Merseyside.
          I think you mean a state school in Merseyside. My father went to a state school in Merseyside, and has told many nasty tales of those times, none of which compare in the slightest to what I could tell you about a boarding school in Buckinghamshire, not least because he was able to go home every evening.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I say we judge the OP question by looking at the members of the congregation that boarded

Mich
            Owlhoot

are there any more ?

seems like a couple of level headed ok guys to me

Yep, but I'm level headed in spite of, and not because of.
            I think Sasguru boarded too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I think Sasguru boarded too.
              jeez. dont do it BP
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I note that the thread is no annotated with 'soggy biscuits'. An urban myth if ever there was one.

Comment

Mrs BP went to boarding school. Absolutely hated it. No issues with the other girls - she is very strong and aggressive and spent most her time bullying. But she missed her parents.

But I do love her tales of sex with the other girls. Shame that at 16 she discovered boys and gave girls up for good.

She still holds the title of the worst dorm prefect ever. She just let the kids run riot and do what they pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I note that the thread is no annotated with 'soggy biscuits'. An urban myth if ever there was one.
                    If only.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Mrs BP went to boarding school. Absolutely hated it. No issues with the other girls - she is very strong and aggressive and spent most her time bullying. But she missed her parents.

But I do love her tales of sex with the other girls. Shame that at 16 she discovered boys and gave girls up for good.

She still holds the title of the worst dorm prefect ever. She just let the kids run riot and do what they pleased.

I didn't know you were married to Cojak.

Comment

Working...
                      X