• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CCIE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than lying down

some poeple have a passion to do a particular job spod. So what if the indians are taking the cert, should we all stop working now and let them take out jobs!!

What do you do anyway,

networks or code?

Comment

Re: Better than lying down

networks or code
      What do I do? Whatever it takes!

Spod - In "I am a Contractor after all" mode!

Comment

Adamc7, Spod doesn't need to worry about certification; he's a pillar of the local lodge.

Wage in 'whisper in case they hear' mode.

Comment

Careful WS, lest ye become a resident under a pillar at the local lodge!

Comment

Careful WS, lest ye become a resident under a pillar at the local lodge!
            I'll beg the Great Architect for mercy

*Edited title so as not to offend our wonderful Masonic brothers.

Comment

Good boy.

Comment

CCIE

Thanks for the comments. I was aware that lots of people are getting their tickets in India because it's so cheap but why would certificate numbers above about nine thousand be considered less able? That seems to be the opinion in UAE.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I was aware that lots of people are getting their tickets in India because it's so cheap but why would certificate numbers above about nine thousand be considered less able? That seems to be the opinion in UAE.
                  In summary no. If anything the exam is harder now than it used to be. Getting a cheap CCIE ticket isn't really possible, the kit is expensive no matter where you are in the world and there is no such thing as a paper CCIE - 8 hours of hands on labs, utilising very very tricky simulations which require a deep and broad knowledge of not only cisco but the underlying protocols prevents it.

I work with two CCIE's just now - the earliest got his ticket 5 years ago and numbers is in the 5000 range. So in 5 year there have been 9000 new CCIE's - do the maths but it's not unreasonable to expect 2000 new CCIE's globally per year, which doesn't account for the attrition rate of people who don't recert, for whatever reason.

BTW India has 109 - not a lot really.

I'd also suggest you factor in the reseller thing - to be a gold partner you need about 10 CCIE's on your books, to be silver it's 5. then all the major comms companies, and internet companies - it doesn't leave a lot of spare CCIE's floating around.

Comment

That seems to be the opinion in UAE
                    What, on all 39 of them?

Comment

Interesting, that's why I asked. Always thought the whole point of the ticket was to prove your worth. To be told to practically ignore it didn't make sense to me. And are you saying there are 39 in the region; how do you know?

Forgot this bit: It cost £2k for a one-week CCNA bootcamp five years ago in UK. When I checked with Koenig in India recently about renewing, and including MCSE, it's about £2.5k for seven weeks tuition and exams. And that included the food and accommodation.

Comment

Working...
                      X