• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland warned it could lose the pound and be forced to join Euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also the strategic argument, If Scotland goes, who is next ? Liverpool ?

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Not sure that Westminster can "force" Scotland to do anything much if they choose Independence.
      I assume this nonsense has been flushed through the Daily Wail filters prior to publication?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Not sure that Westminster can "force" Scotland to do anything much if they choose Independence. I assume this nonsense has been flushed through the Daily Wail filters prior to publication?
        You've lived in Devon so long that you've turned into English?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You've lived in Devon so long that you've turned into English?
          No. But last time I checked, Devon was not in Scotland, therefore I would not be eligible to vote on the matter.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'd like to see the border with Scotland moved south to encompass the bulk of the tulipty northern England towns and cities. I'd like to see an independant Wales and independance for the Cornish people too.

Then without having to prop up all these chavs and neds with their huge social problems and unemployment, England would we like Monaco, packed full of wealthy bankers and property speculators.

Boomed!

Bring it on.

Comment

No. But last time I checked, Devon was not in Scotland, therefore I would not be eligible to vote on the matter.
              If you are a true Scot you'd move back to your homeland for this historic vote - after all your ancestors must have died fighting for freedom of your land... or not?

Comment

If you are a true Scot you'd move back to your homeland for this historic vote - after all your ancestors must have died fighting for freedom of your land... or not?
                If my ancestors had died, I would not be here you muppet.

And they fought for the freedom of the entire island group, so that I can choose anywhere I like to live.
                It is never a great idea to die for your country, much better to make the other guy die for his.
                Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

Other issues which Downing Street said would need ironing out are shared defence capabilities, the national debt and border security.

A carve up of assets between England and Scotland could leave both countries facing years of legal wrangling.
                  For a start we can load up RBS with all remaining toxic assets, and bury it in the Scottish asset pot at full loan book value,... after all it is the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    For a start we can load up RBS with all remaining toxic assets, and bury it in the Scottish asset pot at full loan book value,... after all it is the Royal Bank of Scotland.
                    It might be transferred to Royal Lloyds Group...

Comment

If my ancestors had died, I would not be here you muppet.
                      Eh? I am pretty sure that most of your ancestors, and indeed mine and everyones, have died.

In battle or not they all certainly died..... yet here we all are!!

Comment

Working...
                      X