• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utility Bills - How Much ?!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines £1200 each for Leccy and Gas! Mind u five bed detached, current mrs stek being russian likes heating on all night as per Soviet Korpus and a lot of halogens (90!!), being replaced with LEDs so the whole house looks like a morgue...

Plus I have my power-sucking IBM P505 and Sun T2000 servers on a lot - they draw some power. Luckily with ALOM/FSP I can power them on/off remotely but usually I leave them on...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      current mrs stek being russian likes heating on all night as per Soviet Korpus
      Turn the heat off and she'd divorce you and you'll have to live on a cold street

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Turn the heat off and she'd divorce you and you'll have to live on a cold street
        Ty chital moi mysli, eto glavnoye.....

Ona shazala vsegda 'slishkom kholodno' i 'otopleniy ne rabotet'.

How's my russian!

Comment

Originally posted by Joeman View Post
          dont think we have any council owned houses close to where i live... never seen any solar panels either, so probably not!!
          What part of the UK doesn't have a council estate somewhere nearby?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Ty chital moi mysli, eto glavnoye.....

Ona shazala vsegda 'slishkom kholodno' i 'otopleniy ne rabotet'.

How's my russian!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Wandsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                The council sold them all off to private landlords who rent them back to council for a profit. Landlords don't pour money into rental properties unless i makes financial sense....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Actually I'm looking a 'contract' in St Pete, not sure contracting exists in Russia, should I stay or should I go?

Comment

Actually I'm looking a 'contract' in St Pete, not sure contracting exists in Russia, should I stay or should I go?
                    Stay.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                      Just recevied our 1/4ly gas/electric bills...nearly £500 !! Surely this cannot be right ??!!

Need to have a lie down...
                      My DD per month for combined Gas and Electricity from EDF is now £81, was £101. Have about £400 on account ready for the winter bill.

Water about £42, non metered.
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X