• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Iron Lady

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it show the bit where at the Cabinet Xmas Meal she says "I'll have the Turkey" and the waiter asks "And what about the vegetables?" and she says "They'll have the same as me!"

Hard to think that that actually happened...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Does it show the bit where at the Cabinet Xmas Meal she says "I'll have the Turkey" and the waiter asks "And what about the vegetables?" and she says "They'll have the same as me!"

no they didn't it was not politically correct.

It has John Sessions as Edward Heath and Andrew Heath as Geoffrey Howe (the bloke from those 1980s Kenko coffee couple ads and the priest Buffy The Vampire Slayer)

Richard E Grant as Micheal Heseltine !

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Did they cover the milk snatching and explusion of around 80 Soviet spies?
        Or the way she single-handedly destroyed the livelihoods of thousands in the coal mining communities of south wales, nottinghamshire, etc.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Or the way she single-handedly destroyed the livelihoods of thousands in the coal mining communities of south wales, nottinghamshire, etc.
          These were destroyed by the trade unions and labour long before she came to power
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            These were destroyed by the trade unions and labour long before she came to power
            What about the bit where she ws on her way out after only about three years in power and some tinpot Junta invades some bit of Britain no-one cared about so she slaughtered 1000 people to stay in power?

That bit in?

Comment

What about the bit where she ws on her way out after only about three years in power and some tinpot Junta invades some bit of Britain no-one cared about so she slaughtered 1000 people to stay in power?

That bit in?
              yes and she wrote to every dead British soldier's family.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                yes and she wrote to every dead British soldier's family.
                That must have been of great comfort to the families, knowing their sons died for no reason. Did she write to the Argies ones too?

Comment

That bit in?
                  slaughter
                  noun

[S or U] the killing of many people cruelly and unfairly, especially in a war
                  Hardly anyone in the town escaped the slaughter when the rebels were defeated

I'm sorry, what part of the Falklands Conflict would you define as 'cruelly and unfairly'. Were we meant to throw rocks at them to get them to go home?
                  "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

That must have been of great comfort to the families, knowing their sons died for no reason. Did she write to the Argies ones too?
                    Whilst we are at it i think Winston Churchill should have written to all the German soldiers killed in WW2
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

That came from in Spitting Image:

margaret thatcher vs john major - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                      X