• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
    Like I said, the dolie's rent comes straight to you. If you rent via an estate agent to a so-called professional, who then gets benched, HE gets the rent and may not pass it on to you.
    That's what credit checks for, large deposits, references and generally renting out property to people who can clearly afford it: benched or not.

I would have thought someone on the dole would have less incentive to care about the place, you can't even hope to take them to court and get back your solicitor fees, however if you rent out on the slum end of the market then it's probably better choice, but wtf have such renting business? Might as well stick to IT contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberleyChris View Post
      To AtW Puzzled :-)

Like I said, the dolie's rent comes straight to you. If you rent via an estate agent to a so-called professional, who then gets benched, HE gets the rent and may not pass it on to you.
      Doesn't stop him walking away with the CH boiler tho as I mentioned above....

Comment

Well, it's a people thing.

I am technically a dolie at the moment, but the house is just as good as when we moved in two years ago. The letting agent comes round occasionally to give us the OK, and so would a housing association.

I know that if I need to move for my next job, then I am going to need a good reference from the present letting agent.

Besides, our landlords have stuck with us through some bloody hard times, so fair's fair.

You are bound to be unlucky sometimes, but dolies are human, they just need a job that's all.

Go on... Gizzajob :-)

Comment

Working...
        X