• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online eye tests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Are you jizzing in your eyes?
    Actually, that could be it. 10cc my arse, I do a bucket and a half....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Actually I regret the use of 'my arse' there, seems gay...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        That my friend, is beacuase you are a cum bucket and a half. The balance of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          That my friend, is beacuase you are a cum bucket and a half. The balance of nature.
          Actually, I'm happy with that - shucks!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            These days I occasionally find printed text isn't as clear as it might be, and on a bad day it can be downright blurred.

Not really wanting to make a special trip to an opticians, and being pressured into buying an expensive pair of specs I might not need
            Tesco Opticians do free eye tests (or it's a claimable expense if you pay somewhere).

I get my eyes done there, then go to Ciliary Blue and have an old frame reglazed with the new prescription if necessary. Saves a fortune over buying in store.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

These days I occasionally find printed text isn't as clear as it might be, and on a bad day it can be downright blurred.
              Yes, I've been finding that occasionally Prittlewell in Essex isn't as near as it might be, and on a bad day it can be far

what else where you saying ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                one of the comments:

I got one question wrong out of 100, and it said "You may well have necrotising polyneurotic ocular blastoma, and should urgently visit your nearest Boots opticians to be fitted with bifocals
                Just the kind of thing I was trying to avoid

Mind you, the free eye test at Tesco opticians sounds good, as long as they provide the quantitative results.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Mind you, the free eye test at Tesco opticians sounds good, as long as they provide the quantitative results.
                  They tell you what's up with your eyes, if that's what you mean

Had no pressure, but they wouldn't give me my PD (which you need to be able to order glasses online). Not a problem, as I knew what it was, but annoying that she wouldn't measure it unless I was ordering glasses from them.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You're better off going to a proper ophthalmic optician who will do a zillion groovy tests on your eyes for little money. Lights shone and jets of air squirted, retinas scrutinised etc. And an eye test or 10 thrown in too. A veritable fun packed 30 minutes. They will try to sell you specs at the end but you don't have to buy any and they will also try not to give you your prescription in a written form (as you could go elsewhere then) and I've yet to manage to prise this document out of them successfully. They say 'come back when X is here' or 'we will post it', etc, but nothing ever happens even though they are legally obliged to hand it over. I imagine the test is a bit of a loss leader if you get one of the highly qualified bods, which you would ideally as they are pretty clued up.

Comment

I wondered if there might be such a thing as an online eye test.
                      Can you read this?
                      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Working...
                      X