• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Planning the year ahead....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More like "wad of cash in my pocket" type of guy.

The future is uncertain. No matter what you do it will not go exactly as planned. Learn to accept that and then you can learn to deal with it.

Did your "worst case scenario" include the collapse of Lehmann and the resulting panic? Thought not. Then the time is better spend making money than trying to predict the future.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      ...time is better spent making money than trying to predict the future.
      ...because if you could predict the future you'd already be rich.
      nomadd liked this post

Comment

More like "wad of cash in my pocket" type of guy.

The future is uncertain. No matter what you do it will not go exactly as planned. Learn to accept that and then you can learn to deal with it.

Did your "worst case scenario" include the collapse of Lehmann and the resulting panic? Thought not. Then the time is better spend making money than trying to predict the future.
        You have to plan the future so you can traverse the rocky path and take plans to avoid rockfalls along the way. Only a blind man enters a cave with Wim121.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You have to plan the future so you can traverse the rocky path and take plans to avoid rockfalls along the way. Only a blind man enters a cave with Wim121.
          I disagree.
          You have to stay agile enough to traverse an ever changing rocky path. And wear a hard-hat (cash buffer) if you are afraid of rock falls.
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            You're working on the erroneous assumption that he actually knew his parents.
            I am sure he met the mailman.

Comment

I disagree.
              You have to stay agile enough to traverse an ever changing rocky path. And wear a hard-hat (cash buffer) if you are afraid of rock falls.
              You need to know the direction though, otherwise you'll be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You need to know the direction though, otherwise you'll be lost.
                Contractors don't need direction.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Contractors don't need direction.
                  What a shame, I was ready to direct you just now to Bridgwater, just off M5

Comment

Working...
                  X