• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The official "most stupid Sir Merv photo" thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I don't think he has underestimated inflation.
    Both he and his political masters have calculated that inflation is a small price to pay to avoid a bigger conflagration. And they are probably right.
    Of course he has to play the official game in public while doing simething else in reality.
    Once again, I suspect your attitude would be different if you had retired.

And once the plebs work out that the best policy is to saddle up with loads of debt as it will be inflated away......

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I thought he's done quite a good job preventing a depression through quantitative easing, something his counterparts in the ECB are refusing to do.
      I actually agree with you. Inflation may be a little high, but under control and no runaway intrest rates like the 80's when it shot up around 15% and even responsible borrowers lost their homes.

Boom and bust will always happen, but this bust is slightly more under control than others.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Once again, I suspect your attitude would be different if you had retired.
        Being retired shouldn't make you retarded. I guess you are trying to refer to savers, cue the mini violin for those fools.

Many people, myself included, saw the problems ahead back in 2001. I'm surprised it didn't happen in 2004/2005 like predicted. I was also surprised my bank manager was less versed on his job than i.

Anyway long point short, in booms, make use of credit, sell off assets. During busts, loan funds out or invest in property.

Very simple and those of an older age should have acquired more resources and knowledge thus able to adapt better. I have no sympathy for them at all.

Comment

Working...
        X