• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dave Hartnett

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was stuff in the BN66 thread about this.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Who is he/she?
      Lord Oakeshott (on BBC news now): "Legend in his own lunchtime"

Comment

And another one: "Staff in HMRC are lions led by donkeys"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          There was stuff in the BN66 thread about this.
          Sorry I don't read that thread as I never needlessly attempted to defraud HMRC and so subsequently don't need to worry about being bent over the kitchen table by Hector and given a retrospective rogering.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He has to cut them tasty deals at HMRC's expense otherwise how else will he get the really tasty contracting gigs on 5K a day as a tax adviser to those company's ?

P.S. He's retiring in the Summer by the way, coincidence i'm sure

Comment

Dave Hartnett, the permanent secretary for tax at HM Revenue & Customs, topped a survey of 172 senior civil servants carried out by researchers at City University.

They found that the civil servants were entertained on 3,151 separate occasions between 2007 and 2009, including trips to the tennis at Wimbledon, football matches at Chelsea and Manchester United, opera performances and fashion shows.

Mr Hartnett, who is in charge of the Britain’s tax system, was entertained 107 times, mostly at breakfasts, lunches and dinners, by some of the UK's biggest banks, law firms and accountancy firms, among others.
              Companies that entertained him included Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Ernst & Young, KPMG, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, and Deloitte.

Whitehall's most wined and dined civil servant is HMRC's Dave Hartnett - Telegraph

would the wining and dining be tax exempt? Hes not a client?

whole thing is complete sham

Comment

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
                He has to cut them tasty deals at HMRC's expense otherwise how else will he get the really tasty contracting gigs on 5K a day as a tax adviser to those company's ?

P.S. He's retiring in the Summer by the way, coincidence i'm sure
                I bet IR35 won't apply to him either

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                  And another one: "Staff in HMRC are lions led by donkeys"
                  Surely "donkeys led by donkeys?"

Comment

He'll probably get knighted for his services to the public...

Comment

Working...
                    X