• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How Rude!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotcha,

1. Declare my hourly
    2. Dont mention new to contracting
    3. Dont mention current salary

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
      Gotcha,

1. Declare my hourly

Best if you're a bit blasé about it as well
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Gotcha,

1. Declare my hourly

And aim a bit higher too. £300 seems low even for first time contractor, try more like £400. They get suspicious if you're too cheap.

Comment

Agent: I've seen your CV on CWJobs, whats your current salary?

BANG - Phone Down

What a complete

Standard operating procedure for agents. He was only interested in the salary of the job you've just left (or are about to leave) at the last company on your CV, so he could call them offering to place someone for a similar amount.

The rest of the conversation was just his way of finding an excuse to end the call.

When you get more familiar with their fishing tactics you'll devise a few answers to at least send them on a fool's errand.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Standard operating procedure for agents. He was only interested in the salary of the job you've just left (or are about to leave) at the last company on your CV, so he could call them offering to place someone for a similar amount.
            I'm starting to pick up on this lol. Some agents who are very nice to talk to, but lots of questions about size of team, name of manager etc etc.

Comment

What you are on now is irrelevant. Market says what your skills are worth. When they ask just say the market rate and ask them how much is on offer. Whatever they answer suck air through your teeth and tell em that is a bit low, but you might consider it if the rest of the package stands up.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Oh, and when agents say 'I just need two references' before they've arranged the interview what they're really asking for is sales leads. If their clientco needs a reference, you can give that AFTER interview.

I had to make this one stand out.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                X