• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do people blame bankers and not Euro politicians for Europe's economic mess?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Sorry, I stand corrected! Banking obviously has far more value to society than doctors, nurses, teachers, firemen, binmen, police officers, armed-forces people fighting for their country, engineers, opticians, dinner-ladies, university staff, garage mechanics, plumbers, electricians, shop assistants, psychologists, therapists, clergymen (& women), musicians, bar staff, charity workers, security guards...

Beyond basic services such as keeping cash deposits safe and providing loans & business finance, the stuff that banks do is not that clever. They are really just maintaining an illusion that they are somehow "worth" the huge pay & bonuses they get. That illusion was destroyed once they began to fall like dominos and require BILLIONS OF POUNDS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY TO BAIL THEM OUT.

Lets see you justify their continuing MASSIVE REWARDS FOR IT CONTRACTORS.
    Who lets face it earn far more than any of the jobs mentioned above

HYPOCRITE
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      For someone who's written some software that marketing companies will use to generate more tat, it's a bit rich to call banking socially useless.
      Marketing is an essential part of capitalism, strange that you don't know that.

Our system helps marketing companies be more efficient so even if your point of view is accepted then we are doing good job by reducing waste in marketing budgets.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Our system helps marketing companies INTRUDE INTO OUR LIVES BY STEALTH so even if your point of view is accepted then we are doing good job by reducing waste in marketing budgets.

HTH

ftfy
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
          Sorry, I stand corrected! Banking obviously has far more value to society than doctors, nurses, teachers, firemen, binmen, police officers, armed-forces people fighting for their country, engineers, opticians, dinner-ladies, university staff, garage mechanics, plumbers, electricians, shop assistants, psychologists, therapists, clergymen (& women), musicians, bar staff, charity workers, security guards...

Beyond basic services such as keeping cash deposits safe and providing loans & business finance, the stuff that banks do is not that clever. They are really just maintaining an illusion that they are somehow "worth" the huge pay & bonuses they get. That illusion was destroyed once they began to fall like dominos and require BILLIONS OF POUNDS OF TAXPAYERS MONEY TO BAIL THEM OUT.

Lets see you justify their continuing MASSIVE REWARDS FOR FAILURE.
          You sound like Hitler. Does your voice rise to a hysterical shriek when you read those words in caps?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            ftfy
            I thought you liked capitalism?

Mods, can you please change DodgyAgent's title to well deserved one: insular Little Englander
            As for sasguru I think it's well overdue he was called for what he is: cretin

Thank you, the payment will be made to the usual Swiss account in euros.

Comment

Our system helps marketing companies be more efficient so even if your point of view is accepted then we are doing good job by reducing waste in marketing budgets.

HTH
              How sad to have spent years of effort devloping somehting that will lead to people being annoyed online or through mail shots.
              But like most people who rail against the capitalist system you're an out and out hypocrite
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Banking is socially useless? Really?
                More or less.
                See
                http://217.154.230.218/NR/rdonlyres/...inalForWeb.pdf

Seems like Financial Services contributes a ton of tax revenue. Roughly half the total NHS budget each year.

I'm not defending bankers, but one has to defend the tax contribution they make, surely?

Comment

How sad to have spent years of effort devloping somehting that will lead to people being annoyed online or through mail shots.
                  I don't do email shots anymore - that was my job in the first 3 years of the decade though and I did very well by creating very nice targeting system that made emails relevant, this resulted in very good ROI

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Seems like Financial Services contributes a ton of tax revenue. Roughly half the total NHS budget each year. I'm not defending bankers, but one has to defend the tax contribution they make, surely?
                    Yes, it is a very large take much more than GDP figures attibuted the City. It also helps keep prices very high on London properties.

The problem is that they don't invest into UK, like say in Silicon Valley there is proper investment community, there ain't such thing in this country: VCs here are mostly the people who use massive debt to take over companies.

Comment

Yes, it is a very large take much more than GDP figures attibuted the City. It also helps keep prices very high on London properties.

The problem is that they don't invest into UK, like say in Silicon Valley there is proper investment community, there ain't such thing in this country: VCs here are mostly the people who use massive debt to take over companies.
                      Humm, I'm talking about tax revenue (which is invested in the UK), not bank profits (I'll take your word for that).

Comment

Working...
                      X