• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why Chico is Good for us, and why he ruins it for all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave the board for five minutes and my name is plastered all over the place. Whats going on? Seriously, you may call me a fundamentalist - Why because I am passionate about Jesus, forgiveness, love, tolerance, patience, kindness, gentleness, sanctity of life, purity, companionship, anger at injustice? The world likes to lump Christianity with every religion. No Jesus said you can tell a tree by its fruits, so just beacuse someone says they are Christian does not make them so.

Galatians 5

Life by the Spirit
    16So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.
    19The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

What the Russians need is Jesus, so do the British, Americans, French, Brazilians, Nigerians infact the whole world. Jesus died for all - yes including you DodgyAgent.

Comment

Chico - I would hate to see your system documentation - this just sounds like complete sh!te

:rolleyes

Comment

Just as there is no material evidence to support belief in god, there is also no evedince to support the fact that god does not exist in his spiritual form
        The same can be said of ghosts ufos and fairies.

Is there a proper name for bible-basher phobia? (or koran-basher etc. come to that) - regardless of whether there is one or not I've got it. Just hearing that someone is afflicted with religion adversely affects my view of them. I'm an atheist fundamentalist.

Comment

Jesus died for all - yes including you DodgyAgent.
          It is not normally understood even by theologians that when Christ Jesus died on the tree of crucifixion carrying all the sins of mankind on his back, he died in those sins! He died with sins on him and without the slightest repentance being expressed to God for those sins that were on him. In fact, it was absolutely necessary that he die in those sins or else the penalty for sins which God had established at the beginning ("the wages of sin is death") would never have been carried out by Christ and all of us would still be in our sins at the time of our deaths. Christ had to died as a sinner (with all the sins of the world on his back) and to die without having repented of those sins. Thus, the satisfaction for paying the full penalty for the sins of the world could be effectively accomplished. This was an important part of the Gospel and it is essential that we know it.

The fact is, when Jesus died on the tree of crucifixion, he died in sins! He died like most of the world dies, and like most of the world has died from the time of Adam and Eve onward. There are people in China today who have never heard of Christ or his Gospel and they die by the millions without having repented of their sins or accepted Christ as their savior. They die just like Christ died when he died on the Mount of Olives almost 2000 years ago.

It is in this manner that Christ identifies himself with every person on earth. He died the death that the vast majority of people on earth die — even the death of those who have never repented of their sins. That’s right. Christ did not die the death of Christians who have the privilege of knowing they are now in Christ and who have already repented of their sins. Christ died the death like the majority of mankind undergo. Most die in their sins, not having repented of their ways. And this is the way Christ died.

Christ died like all evildoers die. Indeed, God made him to be the very epitome of sin. He was made to be sin incarnate (2 Corinthians 5:21) without the slightest part of his body, soul or spirit being free of sin. Though he himself was sinless, God placed on him the sins of all the world lumped together into one big heap and then deposited them all on the back of Christ. This made Christ to become the most sinful person the world has ever seen. Christ far out paced Nero, Genghis Khan or Hitler, because he not only carried all the sins of those three men, but he was filled with all the sins of the billions of other members of the human race who had ever lived or who ever would live. It is like God the Father taking a huge vacuum cleaner and with a vacuum force he extracted all the sins from every person who ever lived on earth (leaving them vacuum clean). He then placed every single one of those sins into the person of his Son. As Martin Luther said, no human on earth has ever been more despicable in the eyes of the Father than his Son while hanging on the tree of crucifixion. He was total sin!

Comment

I bet he didn't. I'll bet he specifically excluded dodgy agent from redemption. And Cilla Black too.

Comment

I am passionate about Jesus, forgiveness, love, tolerance, patience, kindness, gentleness?
              Jesus - yes, the rest - sorry, no - you don't come over that way

Comment

I've seen that written on walls here in Jerusalem...

DodgyAgent, supplier of top notch lion fodder to the descerning Roman Gentry.

Dodgy, I knew you were old, but...

Comment

As Martin Luther said, no human on earth has ever been more despicable in the eyes of the Father than his Son while hanging on the tree of crucifixion. He was total sin!
                  The Good News is that it did not end there. God proved his love for his Son and the world by resurrecting Jesus on the third day. The Romans tried to perpetrate the greatest cover up ever but they were working against the power of God and as such they failed spectacularly. His tomb is empty, Jesus is risen and the world that so callously rejected God now has a bridge back to him. 2000 years later we all have an opportunity to get to know this love and reject the lies, the disappointment and the hopelessness of a godless life. Pick up a Bible and read it, pray to God and ask him to reveal himself to you, do an Alpha Course , go to your local church do something - this is the most important decision in your life.

Comment

good explanantion darmstadt

and of course that explains why christ said 'my god, why have you forsaken me?'. being so deep in sin, he could no longer see god but made the assumption that god could no longer see him. yes, definitely a very important decision but it can also be a very difficult one.

Comment

Re: good explanantion darmstadt

Russia's problems are not the result of religion or a lack of it. In fact, the Orthodox church has seen an explosion in popularity since 1991 (although also an increase in paganism and satanism).

As for the Soviet Union, the cause of its demise are many.

Comment

Working...
                      X