• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurricane on the way for Southern England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Chutney Spoon.

We've got that one licked!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I believe it's traditional for the first letter of hurricane names to follow the sequence of the alphabet. So what's next? Hurricane Chugnut?
      Chugnut it is

then

Deep Fried
      Eh see yoo jimmy
      FourMoreHere lassie
      Geta****

etc
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

This is the current prediction for 00:00hrs Friday 16th December

This second storm will have a probable central pressure of arounf 945mb, this is exceptionally deep and only around 15mb off of the UK record set in 1884.

This looks like it will be equivalent to a category 3 hurricane.

This storm will most likely track through the English Channel and will affect not only most of the UK, but also Holland and the other low countries in Europe. the winds associated with this storm could be in excess of 130mph. This is sustained gusts over a 1 minute period. This will pull down trees, rip off roofs, windows in high rise flats blown in, fences taken down, power cuts lasting up to a week, most caravans destroyed if in the dirct wind. To give you an idea, Hurricane Ivan was a category 3 Hurricane.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

What will be the cost to the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Everyone knows that Mr Fish was talking about a comment from a view about a hurricane in Florida not Britain
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Sounds like a great day to attempt a mini land yacht speed record which is currently 59.6 mph.

Pity I'm working.
              Slow. Get a kite buggy Kite Buggy Top Speeds – popeyethewelder.com
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Looks loike Zummerzet is going to get a battering tonight

The Met Office has issued a public warning of storms which are expected to lash the West tonight and could produce winds of up to 100mph.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  WHS

How are you southern poofters going to deal with this ?
                  Team of crack Morris Dancers, hitting it with sticks and ringing their bells.

Comment

WHS

How are you southern poofters going to deal with this ?
                    Probably post a thread about how my telephone line and broadband has been knocked out. Might even post a picture of the stream in my garden.

WHS

Last week, we had a few pints of heavy and offered our hurricane a fight in the carpark. It soon pissed off rather than get shagged by some horny, pissed scotsmen wearing skirts
                    ftfy

WHS

Maybe you should all have a half a mild and see if you can deal with it by playing cribbage or something
                    It's aimed at the South of England, not the North. No flat capped wife beating cribbage players south of London.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Looks like most of us could be in for some gusts tonight and tomorrow

“The winds may not be nudging 150mph again but it will certainly produce the same destructive power as Thursday's storm.”

Tim said the forecasts showed the massive storm will arrive late on Monday with heavy rain across most parts of the country, followed by a very cold air mass, which will trigger sleet and snow.

The hurricane-force winds of at least 74mph will last through the whole of Tuesday and into Wednesday.

And Jonathan Powell of Positive Weather Solutions, who accurately warned of the huge scale of Thursday's storm earlier in the week, said they also had picked up the aggressive new storm in the Atlantic.

He told ClickGreen: “This storm will affect the entire nation, Monday will be a complete wash-out and whereas Scotland took the last storm on the chin – this will hit the whole of the country square-on.
                      And this is what the chart looks like at 9pm tonight

Winds of at least 74mph on the beaufort scale are described as Excessive damage

I wonder how the trains will be running in the morning

Comment

Working...
                      X