• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Although I installed it from the Android market place rather than the link above.
    damn. I was keen on that, till it started asking about twitter and bookface and stuff.

i dont do any of that stuff.
    Iknow, i'll try pc store,
    but their level5 might not be the same as your level5
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      damn. I was keen on that, till it started asking about twitter and bookface and stuff.

i dont do any of that stuff.
      Iknow, i'll try pc store,
      but their level5 might not be the same as your level5
      This one: https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

Comment

Beat it fairly easily first game on level 8.

Comment

I downloaded Chess Free yesterday and it whoops me on level 5 (and higher levels I assume). What level can you play (open to all CUK) before it whoops you too? Not played in a long time.
          Level three is about even. Haven't gone further, until I can beat it regularly on the lower levels.

Mind you, I'm getting good at beating the phone on Checkers Free and Hearts Free.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Level three is about even. Haven't gone further, until I can beat it regularly on the lower levels.

Mind you, I'm getting good at beating the phone on Checkers Free and Hearts Free.
            I feel better about my level 5 now

Never played Hearts, but I've got free Solitaire, which is a bit annoying as it regularly deals hands that can't be solved, though I suppose the same would be true of a regular deck of cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Beat it fairly easily first game on level 8.
              Wow, what about 9? At level 5 it seems to get ahead of me from the start and dominate the middle, perhaps I need to know some book openings, beyond pawn to K4.

Comment

I feel better about my level 5 now

Never played Hearts, but I've got free Solitaire, which is a bit annoying as it regularly deals hands that can't be solved, though I suppose the same would be true of a regular deck of cards.
                I'm not really a chess player. I also rely too much on the same moves time and time again, rather than learning anything about strategy and how to actually play the game.

I suspect that if I played against a person who was theoretically the same ability as me, they would wipe the floor with me, because they don't respond in the same kind of way that a computer does.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Wow, what about 9? At level 5 it seems to get ahead of me from the start and dominate the middle, perhaps I need to know some book openings, beyond pawn to K4.
                  Beat level 10 on third attempt. it's pretty good but lousy at end game.

Comment

Working...
                  X