• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chess

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Plus you can always test ability when you meet someone in real life.
    I would not recommend meeting MF unless you want to get punched in the face then

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I would not recommend meeting MF unless you want to get punched in the face then
      I seem to recall there is a chess game where you punch each other in the face between moves.

Perhaps similar to what MF played, where you punch the opponent in the face when your King or Queen are threatened, and win by a knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I seem to recall there is a chess game where you punch each other in the face between moves.

Perhaps similar to what MF played, where you punch the opponent in the face when your King or Queen are threatened, and win by a knockout.
        Indeed, there is a game known as 'Chess boxing'

not quite as popular as 'Monopoly noodle wrestling' apparently

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was planning to insert some video of Harry Potter playing Real Chess and mention I went to Hogwarts, but do you know you can't find a copy of that video anywhere due to bloody copyright!!

I don't know what's happening to the internet any more.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Indeed, there is a game known as 'Chess boxing'

not quite as popular as 'Monopoly noodle wrestling' apparently

Nether of which are probably as violent as Scrabble.

Comment

Nether of which are probably as violent as Scrabble.
              'Scrabble kick boxing' is a bit rough

but the last time I played 'Scouse Cluedo'

some git twatted me on the back of the head with a little lead pipe when I was on the way to the kitchen with professor Plum

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

I stopped playing chess aged 8 when I beat my headmaster. I convinced myself that I'd peaked and should retire while ahead. It turns out though that he was rubbish at chess and the rest of the class beat him too.

I have two sons that are pretty good players (well if you believe the school club). My other son can kick. He can and does kick any and everything so maybe they can form a "tag chess-kick boxing" team.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                  I stopped playing chess aged 8 when I beat my headmaster. I convinced myself that I'd peaked and should retire while ahead.
                  And that was the moment the world lost next natural world chess champion.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    And that was the moment the world lost next natural world chess champion.

My life is a list of great achievements that might have been if I'd not decided I'd peaked too young.

The PRC (c) mobile bed that will drive you to school while still snug under the duvet will one day make me millions as will the educational pill made of the condensed brains of all the teachers in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                      My life is a list of great achievements that might have been if I'd not decided I'd peaked too young.

The PRC (c) mobile bed that will drive you to school while still snug under the duvet will one day make me millions as will the educational pill made of the condensed brains of all the teachers in the country.

I tried one of them 'condensed pills of teachers brain' pills
                      it looked like a current, but it was a mouse turd

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X