• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    'Ampshire moiiii luvvverrrrr!
    I'll let you know next time I do a run down to Hayling Island then

Comment

Norsemen

Vikingane (TV Series 2016– ) - IMDb

Not exactly from the US, but pretty funny

Comment

Anyone watching either Tin Star or The Deuce on Sky Atlantic? I'm preferring the latter to the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
          Anyone watching either Tin Star or The Deuce on Sky Atlantic? I'm preferring the latter to the former.
          Watched all of Tin Star season 1. All episodes were made available via Sky boxsets/NowTV at start of airing on their channel.. Some of the characters' motivation and odd behaviour gets explained as it goes along, so overall thought it ended better than it started so worth persevering if not quite liking it early on.

Not got round to watching The Deuce yet. Like to wait till there's a good few episodes available rather than have to wait for the weekly new episode, unless it's a top show that spoilers become an issue with like Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead where I'll watch as soon as possible.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hobosapien;2482374]Watched all of Tin Star season 1. All episodes were made available via Sky boxsets/NowTV at start of airing on their channel.. Some of the characters' motivation and odd behaviour gets explained as it goes along, so overall thought it ended better than it started so worth persevering if not quite liking it early on.

That's good to hear. I haven't taken to many of the characters after 3 episodes in and was having doubts about persisting with it.

Comment

Just finished watching both seasons of Startup on Amazon Prime Video. Like a dramatic version of Silicon Valley with the crime element of Miami getting involved in the financial backing.

Apparently every plan B requires millions in funding to be successful these days.

Not sure how Martin Freeman got the part of a corrupt FBI agent but he does a good turn as do most of the cast. Also has Ron Perlman in season 2, who I've not seen on screen since the Sons of Anarchy days. Still smoking the stogies.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                Just finished watching both seasons of Startup on Amazon Prime Video. Like a dramatic version of Silicon Valley with the crime element of Miami getting involved in the financial backing.

Apparently every plan B requires millions in funding to be successful these days.

Not sure how Martin Freeman got the part of a corrupt FBI agent but he does a good turn as do most of the cast. Also has Ron Perlman in season 2, who I've not seen on screen since the Sons of Anarchy days. Still smoking the stogies.
                Both seasons? I thought it got canned at the end of Season 1.

Excellent - better get downloading.

Did anyone watch Bloodline? Kind of like Dallas on the Florida Keys with drugs. Season 4 the end for that too.

Comment

Season 2 of Riverdale is back on Netflix & we finally get to meet Hiram Lodge

Comment

Mindhunter - really enjoying, top class telly.

Quite liking both The Orville and Star Trek Discovery

Inhumans - pants.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Quite liking both The Orville and Star Trek Discovery
                      Same here. Watched all available episodes of both (Discovery currently on mid season break resuming in January, and The Orville has two episodes left of season 1)

Wasn't sure what to make of The Orville at first, expecting more comedy rather than the drama/comedy it really is, seeing as it's from Seth MacFarlane, who while I've never been that into Family Guy I did like the Ted and A Million Ways To Die In The West movies so I suppose The Orville is closer to the latter than the former.

Reminds me of a generic Star Trek Next Generation in style more than similar to Discovery, which may not be a bad thing if you're not especially into Star Trek like I ain't. Apparently it's been renewed for a second season.

Also up to date on Mr Robot. Season 3 is a lot better than 2, but still feels like they're dragging out the overall story. Elliott doesn't seem to do much other than battle Mr Robot (quite literally in one episode ). Come to think of it all the main characters from season 1 aren't doing much either.

Recently started watching The Last Man On Earth. A 20 minute per episode show (without adverts ) that feels a bit like a comedy version of Breaking Bad with the inventiveness. Four seasons (so far) to get through.

Comment

Working...
                      X