• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV shows from the USA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Worth persevering with? I'm 2 episodes in and although intrigued not entirely hooked just yet.
    I really enjoyed it. Ron Perlman and Dana Delaney are excellant

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Really enjoying the 2nd series of Fargo.
    +1

LOVE Fargo!

Comment

Really enjoying the 2nd series of Fargo.
      I've been watching the first series thinking I needed to watch that before starting the second for it to make sense. But is S2 is set in the 70s then I guess not.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
        I really enjoyed it. Ron Perlman and Dana Delaney are excellant

+1

LOVE Fargo!
        Fargo's about the best thing on ATM.

Getting bored of Walking Dead now. Same old, same old...

Don't like the way the characters have been split into separate groups again with each episode focusing on a different bunch.

They need to get together, move on from those wimps in Alexandria and stumble on another community in thrall to a charismatic nutcase like the Governor.

Comment

I've just managed 2 episodes of

the man in the high castle (Amazon only)

It can only get better !!?

Comment

I recorded the first episode of the new season of The Walking Dead as I thought maybe I should give it a chance. I made it about 10 minutes before I remembered I did exactly the same thing last year and couldn't get through that either.

I tried watching an episode of SuperGirl. I admit I got a little excited when she ripped her blouse open, but it was only to reveal her super-outfit and there wasn't anything else worth mentioning.

Meanwhile started some things on Netflix:

House of Cards: Their flagship series, but I don't get it. No interesting or likeable characters, Kevin Spacey doing a funny accent and a not very interesting story. Maybe it gets better. Not sure I can be bothered.

Once upon a Time: There's 5 seasons of this, but I've never heard of it. It's a modern fairy tale type story starring that girly doctor from House. It was okay, might give it a chance.

Sense 8: The Wachowski brothers and J. Michael Straczynski making a TV series together. It was never going to be good and it isn't.

Jessica Jones: Yet another comic book adaptation, but I really enjoyed this one. Stars Krysten Ritter who is fast becoming my favourite tall skinny black haired looks-like-a-junkie actress (Jessie's girlfriend from Breaking Bad). Unfortunately David Tennant is in it, though he was barely in the first episode so I hope he doesn't ruin it later on.
            Last edited by VectraMan; 23 November 2015, 09:53. Reason: Spelling Krysten
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The Good News: "Heroes" ended.

The Bad News: It's coming back as "Heroes Reborn".
              I've quite enjoyed the first few episodes.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I just started watching "How to Get Away With Murder" but gave it up after episode 4 because of all the gratuitous g*y s*x.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I just started watching "How to Get Away With Murder" but gave it up after episode 4 because of all the gratuitous g*y s*x.
                  I didn't make it past episode 1

Comment

Given up on Revanants 2 after ep 1. Too slow.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Just finished "Fringe".

Some may consider it tripe but a show centred around a mad scientist with a penchant for LSD and his own home-brewed hallucinogenics? What's not to like?
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X