• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Champagne

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's a year of austerity so I'll be drinking sparkling water.
    Good man!

Keeping your hard earned for the important things....

Your landlord's mortgage doesn't pay itself!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Your landlord's mortgage doesn't pay itself!
      I should get another 12 month rental contract tomorrow - only cost £1000 trying to buy the place, I was told I'll be first they'll offer in the future

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I should get another 12 month rental contract tomorrow - only cost £1000 trying to buy the place, I was told I'll be first they'll offer in the future

Stop it, my sides are hurting now.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Tesco have a deal 25% off 6 bottles
          Top tip - plus you also get a further £15 off your first order

So I went with the wife's original request and ordered a couple of cases @£24 ish a bottle
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Come on people.

Buy British!

Chapel Down NV Reserve Brut Kent, England, Sparkling Wine - Waitrose Wines

Don't let the Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys get your hard earned when English sparkling wines from the SE are far superior.

In the press: “Multi-award-winning, made in Kent by the méthode champenoise and full of bright, green-fruit flavours, it is a fabulous example of the remarkable sparkling wines being made in England.”
            Terry Kirby, The Independent on Sunday, 16 October 2011

“…this is a sophisticated wine that should not be confused with cava or prosecco and holds its own against comparably priced champagnes, with bright, herbal, lemony, biscuit-y flavours.”
            Terry Kirby, The Independent on Sunday, 17 April 2011

“…reassuringly good. Bright and fruity, it has a rounded flavour with no rough edges.”
            Jamie Goode, Sunday Express, 19 September 2010

"...my favourite Kentish sparkler, one of the best to be made in this green and pleasant land."
            Johnathan Ray, Daily Telegraph, 29 April 2010
            Good suggestion - local produce might get a couple of bottles and do a comparison test with the guests as a conversation piece
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Good suggestion - local produce might get a couple of bottles and do a comparison test with the guests as a conversation piece
              I doubt any guests of yours would know the difference anyway. Hardly likely to be a discerning bunch if they are desperate enough to want to spend any of the Festive period in your company.
              It would be like Greengrass trying to upstage Compo in the sophistication stakes.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                My plan is to get them all bladdered on vino and then break out the champers
                Originally posted by John 2.9-10
                When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
                And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Comment

£12.94 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne (was £25.88)
                  In-store at Morrisons.
                  Ends 8 dec 2011. Max 3 bottles per customer.

Is 3 bottles per customer for a reason. That would be my choice if I was having a party - not that I would be drinking it myself. I'm not a huge sparkling wine fan but an ice cold bottle of vintage champagne is very nice every now and again. Prosecco and Cava are OK if you like that sort of thing.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    As a contractor, shouldn't you be drinking Krug?

Piper-Heidsieck is often passable although I suspect it depends which one you go for. Lidl champers is supposed to be OK (seriously!)

we have a bottle at home, a friend bought it for me, I'm scared to open it it cost so much

i didn't realise until I saw it at the airport

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                      we have a bottle at home, a friend bought it for me, I'm scared to open it it cost so much

i didn't realise until I saw it at the airport

Milan.
                      Piper Heidsieck is one of the cheaper champagnes.

Apparently Waitrose and Tesco champagnes have won awards in Decanter.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X