• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indoor Freeview TV Aerial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hill Station Murthy View Post
    I have a tv freeview aerial on my roof which gets freeview signal buit I wand indoor aerial for indoors too for a television in my pantry where there is no socket for outdoor aerial.
    Pantry! wtf still has a pantry???
    wtf watches telly in a pantry?

Get yer house rebuilt and include a study / man den
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Pantries are great for stockpiling food that may be affected by high inflation.

You may realise that one day soon if the eurozone implodes and there's mass panic buying of foodstuffs, or there's a few feet of snow so people panic about being snowed in for whole days at a time.

Just need to have enough self-discipline not to raid the cupboards for all the goodies that are supposed to be 'for Christmas'.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I still have a pantry. I also have a scullery.
        They're below the servants' rooms.

Really.

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
          I also have a scullery.
          Reminds me of a b&b I once stayed at. The owner said he could usually be found in the scullery. I didn't know what one was and assumed it wasn't good (Skulls? WTF!?).

He also had a creepy Royston Vasey vibe about him, so I only stayed the one week despite it being the closest to the client site and a bit cheaper than the others too.

Still, not as bad as the place that had dead ants in the sugar pot at breakfast.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Pantry! wtf still has a pantry???
            wtf watches telly in a pantry?

Comment

Back on track, so much depends upon your distance to the transmitter and whether you have a clear line-of-sight. I can see my 'local' transmitter, 20 miles away, but need a big bastard of an aerial. One of my cousins in Glasgow can just dangle a wire out of his window and pick up a strong freeview signal. Neither of us can get freeview from an indoor aerial.

Comment

You'd be better with a grouped yagi rooftop or log periodic aerial. Many of the channels on Freeview are transmitted at low power, particualrly if you are on a relay (in which case aerials will be vertically polarised). If you are not in line of sight of the transmitter received SNR will be poor and a poor SNR amplified by an indoor amplifier will still result in a poor SNR.

In my experience most aerial contractors are pretty wide, you might be better getting someone from your local amateur radio society with access equipment to do the installation.

The guy on this site has some pretty good advice.
                A.T.V (Aerials And Television) TV Aerial, DAB Aerial, FM Aerial.

I don't necessarily agree with his advice on contract aerials though. Looking at the rooftops round here there are numerous newish wideband crossed yagis falling down (possibly due to wind loading and installation) and the twenty year old contract yagis ( the aeriels with flat plate reflectors) are still standing. That they are wideband is indicative of the can;t give a tulip attitude of aerial installers. Our area is on Group A and widebands are pathetic at Group A.

He can sell you the aerials, mountings, slate clips and good quality foam dielectric drop cable.

Comment

Working...
                X