• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On this day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I think it might have ended when he became chancellor under Mrs Thatcher.)
    I think possibly you could've worded that slightly better...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Do you think if he had it with Edwina and his wife at the same time it would be more acceptable since he would have consent of this wife?
      It would have been more arousing, if nothing else.
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W
        Yes I remember the great democratic choice I had that day. A discredited Tory sleaze merchant, a seven foot high transvestite, some Nazi from the Albion party, no Labour candidate (withdrawn) and some slightly dippy ex-journalist with a penchant for white suits.

With local elections later this week, here's our choices with key messages..

Tory - we want to build a tip near your house
        Labour - them Tories are sh1t aren't they?
        Independent - we want to build that tip away from your house (but near where your mate lives).

You decide!
        Actually Labour built the tip (incinerator actually) near my house... and overrode the local planning procedure courtesy of "I'm minded to allow this" Tubby Prescott (stab stabbity stab). No doubt the incinerator company was a contributor to Labour funds

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
          Actually Labour built the tip (incinerator actually) near my house... and overrode the local planning procedure courtesy of "I'm minded to allow this" Tubby Prescott (stab stabbity stab). No doubt the incinerator company was a contributor to Labour funds
          Unless of course he was sleeping with a senior Exec........

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
            Unless of course he was sleeping with a senior Exec........
            Isn't that the same thing?
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              Do you think if he had it with Edwina and his wife at the same time it would be more acceptable since he would have consent of this wife?
              If John Major had the nonce to have converted to Islam then most certainly, he was a good sport,however as Alf Ker Ching observed ...

10 Downing Street .... is no place for a Gentleman.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 3 May 2006, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Our local incinerator company went bust...
                Poor business practice... the way is to get the thing built with minimum of fuss... then open it up to high value burn - surgical disposals, trade & toxic waste etc.- should be a licence to print money

Comment

black wednesday

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider
                  The reason "Tory sleaze" was a bigger deal was because the country was in a state of depression (economically and emotionally) after black wednesday and was ready to latch on to any reason to villify the government.
                  And unfortunately by the time the economy was in a full upswing, which they could probably claim credit for, it was too late and NL was voted in.

Their one (and only) achievement since then...making the BOE independent, way, way back in 1997 a few days after being elected.

Comment

Is this about to develop into a "what has labour achieved" thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dalek
                      Is this about to develop into a "what has labour achieved" thread?
                      I hope not, it would cut a promising thread short.

Comment

Working...
                      X