• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who wants to become a spy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got thrown out of MI6 years ago for being too tough!

Comment

Lateral thinking.
      Got to the 'You did it' page without cracking the code.

It's not very exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        It's not very exciting.
        Sums up working in government, even the more 'exotic' departments of MI5/MI6.

Why else would their operatives be amusing themselves by trying to see if they fit in a suitcase?
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Sums up working in government, even the more 'exotic' departments of MI5/MI6.

Why else would their operatives be amusing themselves by trying to see if they fit in a suitcase?
          Probably takes a while to figure out a good way of locking it from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Probably takes a while to figure out a good way of locking it from the outside.

They should have put it on a website to see if the public could work it out.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The work does actually sound pretty interesting. Shame about the derisory salaries though.

Obviously these are starter jobs, and one has to hope the salary scales rise steeply, or else you'd need rich (and generous) parents or a high-earning partner to even contemplate working there.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

It's almost worth doing it and then quitting just to get the DV clearance.

I can't imagine they would seriously offer 30k to someone with a family in their 30s or 40s if they were actually good enough.

I'm tempted to have a go but I have way too many skeletons in my closet
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Lateral thinking.
                  Got to the 'You did it' page without cracking the code.

It's not very exciting.
                  I like that approach.

The Register had a better headline with Crack GCHQ's code and become the next James Bond. I immediately thought "What would James Bond do here?", and the answer didn't involve working it out himself, but stealing the answer from a heavily guarded vault or coercing it out of someone (cue pretty lady and the chance to use his charm on her).
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    I like that approach.

The Register had a better headline with Crack GCHQ's code and become the next James Bond. I immediately thought "What would James Bond do here?", and the answer didn't involve working it out himself, but stealing the answer from a heavily guarded vault or coercing it out of someone (cue pretty lady and the chance to use his charm on her).
                    Well thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X