• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thomas Cook in trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    That's a 15 minute delay. Go and register and use the Monitor. Then it's realtime in all it's flashing colours.

Makes you feel like a trader.

SELL, SELL, BUY, BUY, YOU WORTHLESS PEASANTS. RARRRRRRRR!
    If I could give you some +ve rep I would but I need to spread it around

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Hello?

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Hello?
        Can anyone hear anything????

I think we might have mice.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Plans to close 200 shops.
          Inevitable really.

Shopping online where you can build your own holiday is bound to be more attractive than going into a shop of limited choice with sales people who aren't going to be impartial.

I quite enjoy the challenge of sourcing a decent villa*, flights, and airport transfers. The hardest part is getting everyone in the group (usually 3 or 4 couples) to agree on a destination and date.

* Now our preferred choice of holiday, can work out cheaper than a package deal or hotel if there's 6 or more in the group. Plus you get better facilities, more space, private pool in own grounds, flexible self-catering with BBQ, and sometimes other goodies like pool table and table footy. For less per head than a Thomas Cook holiday.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Well its not only Thom,as Cook that is in trouble - take a look at the US

US tax revenue. $2,170,000,000,000
            Fed Budget. $3,820,000,000,000
            New Debt. $1,650,000,000,000
            National Debt. $14,271,000,000,000
            Budget Cuts. $38,500,000,000

Now let us remove 8 zeros and pretend this is a family Budget!

Annual family income. $21,700
            Money the family spent. $38,210
            New debt on the credit card. $16,500
            Outstanding balence on the credit card. $147,710
            Total budget cuts. $385

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I was thinking at 10p they could be worth a shot, but it would be a pure gamble.

Didn't TC merge with coop travel ?
              It was more of a purchase than a merger - and no from what I know it was not a good buy at all.

Oh and also head of coop group got a non exec board position Link

hmmmmmm

Comment

booked my holiday for next year via TC, oh well if it all goes t**sup its skegness for us

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  booked my holiday for next year via TC, oh well if it all goes t**sup its east coast riviera for us
                  ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    Now let us remove 8 zeros and pretend this is a family Budget!

Pretty accurate. Personal debt must still be pretty bad, though it's not talked about much with all the focus on country debt at the moment.

I know people who have spent loads via credit and have so far only avoided bankruptcy due to rising house prices allowing them to withdraw equity along the way (thus increasing their debt but delaying how soon they need to pay it all back), and by good fortune of staying in employment.

Doesn't take much for that party to turn sour, and all for the sake of having new cars every year or two, and keeping up with the joneses with fancy holidays and all the latest tat.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

14p now.

Comment

Working...
                      X