• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wierdos in the train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Yes, Love, you were in there!
    I suppose it's a possible explanation, but I'm not of that preference.

WTF has happened? Fit birds used to sit opposite me in the train and give me suggestive looks; now it's 6'5'' scarfaced nutjobs with wooden legs.

Where's Zeity? He knows about nutters in the train.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I suppose it's a possible explanation, but I'm not of that preference.

WTF has happened? Fit birds used to sit opposite me in the train and give me suggestive looks; now it's 6'5'' scarfaced nutjobs with wooden legs.
      Just be glad your not getting urinated on by 20 chavs. Which I am sure happens regularly in London.

Comment

He was just a weirdo, the worlds full of them, when using public transport your odds of bumping into a few increase greatly.

It is the fact that you where caught by surprise, you don’t plan/expect this scenario to happen, if you did you would have a few choice words/tools of your own to show him

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
          He was just a weirdo, the worlds full of them, when using public transport your odds of bumping into a few increase greatly.

It is the fact that you where caught by surprise, you don’t plan/expect this scenario to happen, if you did you would have a few choice words/tools of your own to show him
          Yep, and certainly plenty of wierdos in Amsterdam. But I wonder whether someone like that realises that people are likely to find him rather creepy; maybe he's just a sad and lonely individual trying to strike up conversation, but so socially inept that he doesn't know how. But then the scar and the glare suggest something different.

Comment

In some monkey societies a stare is a hostile gesture or threat/challenge, in others it's not (chimps?, bonobos?). I thought in humans it was a threat gesture until I learnt that in interviews you are meant to hold eye contact.

Anyway, here is a solution:

(note the gaze is averted)
            Print Your Own Gaze-Averting Glasses: To Aid Sketch Artists, Prevent Gorilla Attacks | Geekosystem

apparently it works great on apes at the zoo, so I don't see why it shouldn't work on trains.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              apparently it works great on apes at the zoo, so I don't see why it shouldn't work on trains.
              It won't work on trains because zoo apes are higher primates; train wierdos aren't.

Comment

A few months hence you will see yourself on the Dutch version of Candid Camera.

Due to the higher tutonic quotient it's not as funny as the old British version. Which wasn't all that funny anyway.

Not to us, anyway.

Comment

Yep, and certainly plenty of wierdos in Amsterdam. But I wonder whether someone like that realises that people are likely to find him rather creepy; maybe he's just a sad and lonely individual trying to strike up conversation, but so socially inept that he doesn't know how. But then the scar and the glare suggest something different.
                  If push had come to shove, could you have taken him?
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                    If push had come to shove, could you have taken him?
                    Umm, probably (if you mean defend myself), but I can't know what he was concealing in his jacket.

Comment

But serious question; is this behaviour typical of some drug?
                      It's hard to say without having seen the fella myself, but it could be a side effect of prescribed drugs he's taking for some condition or other.

A once good mate of mine ended up on some kind of prescribed drugs (antidepressants?) when he was going through a nasty divorce and he turned a bit strange and verbally aggressive. He simply wasn't like the mate I had known for several years. I still don't trust him.

I do occasionally come across weirdos on the train. On the latest occasion the dodgy looking guy I had clocked as I was getting on the train was being a bit hyperactive during the journey; he couldn't stand still, used the bog, paced back and forth etc.

Sure enough when he got off at my stop I saw him discreetly exchange something with a bloke waiting on the platform, and they then proceeded to ignore each other as they exited the station. I was pretty sure that was a drugs thing.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X