• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

losing my job to a bob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    No market is "Bob-free"
    Mine is.

As a contractor you can never sit back and expect your market sector to remain uncompetitive.
    I can and have been, no one else is studying engineering. I even recall fellow engineer graduates (12-14 years ago) jumping on the IT bandwagon whilst studying. IT, a subject that appeared out of nowhere in the face of over a 100 years of engineering experience

Your posts smack of an attitude of someone who thinks they are owed a good living for simply being born and educated in this country. Stop whining about the competition and concentrate on being better (although I do feel that you might struggle to keep up)
    There's little hunger for innovation in the UK today, we're happy being consumers, in Bob land they're energetic and go getting.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NervousRexx View Post
      Read thread again. Indian's don't understand western business ways.
      Profit / loss, what's there not to understand?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I can and have been, no one else is studying engineering. I even recall fellow engineer graduates (12-14 years ago) jumping on the IT bandwagon whilst studying. IT, a subject that appeared out of nowhere in the face of over a 100 years of engineering experience
        I wouldn't call a targeted move into a rapidly expanding market "jumping on the bandwagon".

Innovation is not the sole preserve of engineering, just because most people's idea of IT is email & Facebook it does't mean worthwhile work isn't being done.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Unlikely? I could probably find 1,210,193,422 of them
          Space man. I've worked with bobs. They code from specs. They do not understand a western business or culture. I speak to UK users and they don't know what they want - it's an accepted point, IT need to guide users...ask any manager and they will tell you the same.

Comment

Space man. I've worked with bobs. They code from specs. They do not understand a western business or culture. I speak to UK users and they don't know what they want - it's an accepted point, IT need to guide users...ask any manager and they will tell you the same.
            And yet your English reads like its gone through Google translator
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

All developers code from specs. If they're not, then they're not just developing.

Project Cartoon: How Projects Really Work (version 1.5)
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                On the other hand, should we not, like very other culture, be sticking up for our own? Maybe people should reap some of the rewards of their own heritage, it is what our ancestors would have wanted.
                We opened up our borders to free trade, finance and new ideas. This has brought us an advantage over the years and we are reaping the rewards but that doesn't mean we should sit on out laurels and expect the good times to continue. Only the low skilled and those in heavy industry* really need protection. The rest of us should continue trying to make sure that there is still something to be reaped in the future.

* I like the idea of keeping heavy industry in case we need to start making planes and battleships in large numbers again.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

And yet your English reads like its gone through Google translator
                  Whatever, I'm out of here - had a few laughs especially Geoff re: genies. lol.

All the best

Comment

Whatever, I'm out of here - had a few laughs especially Geoff re: genies. lol.

All the best
                    You've already said your going. You're hanging on to general tighter than a homesick turf. Clean yourself up man.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      You've already said your going. You're hanging on to general tighter than a homesick turf. Clean yourself up man.
                      Yep, was waiting for CUK abuse before we go for beer.

Comment

Working...
                      X