• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went for an interview last week and I knew from the start it wasn't going to be easy.

It was one of those delegated interviews, where the boss man asks his number 1 and 2 minions to conduct interviews. Number one is an opinionated and hostile little tulip who thinks the sun shines out of his own arse and who's views shall not be questioned. Number 2 is the smart but slightly quiet one who probably does most of the work and gets pushed around a lot.

Well my interview went on for over an hour, and I got to discuss just two of my roles, only partially and was repeatedly interrupted or talked over to be told how they 'do things differently' here. Crap interview, complete waste of my time.

Comment

Went for an interview 4 weeks ago, worst ever I think.

- Traffic was shocking.
      - Arrived on site, and they wouldn't let me park - had to park on road, was 10 minutes late.
      - Interviewer technically didn't know what they were on about.
      - Told me for my daily rate, to expect a long working day, no flexibility, 6 months with no possibility of an extension.
      - Returned to car, got parking ticket.
      - Didn't get offered the role either (no surprise)

Think it was a blessing in disguise...

Comment

Working...
      X