• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working with Bobs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuitYou01
    I'm going to flounce, you bastards!
    Oh dear, not again!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      You are the BA amirite?

You should be telling the codemonkeys what the CSF, KPI and PI is amirite?

You do know what they are in the context of your project? It is summarised in the business objectives section?

I think you should fire your whole project team and give me the role.
      WHS

The BA should gather the requirements, design the basic dashboards/functionality with the client, possibly mock some up, review with the Sharepoint resource, go back to the client, review, get sign off, complete the detailed requirements and then hand it over to the developer.

Seems Suity seems to think that's Bob's job. This is the route of where it's all going wrong. Suity thinks he's better than Bob.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        WHS

The BA should gather the requirements, design the basic dashboards/functionality with the client, possibly mock some up, review with the Sharepoint resource, go back to the client, review, get sign off, complete the detailed requirements and then hand it over to the developer.

Seems Suity seems to think that's Bob's job. This is the route of where it's all going wrong. Suity thinks he's better than Bob.
        Not only thick, illiterate and a yank but also an incompetent troll.

1/10
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I'm being a bit of a c*** really
          Flounce? Don't flatter yourself flower.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

1/10
            Flounce? Don't flatter yourself flower.
            You play nice with MF, I'm off for me tea!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Can't hack this, off to wet the bed!
              Ok petal, off you trot.

Comment

1/10
                Not trolling. Telling you as it is.

You're a bottler. One of life's blamers. Shirt sleaves rolled up fella and get stuck in. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to grab the bulls by the horn and make a land grab. Too many contractors back off as opposed to taking control.

Just say to yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Not trolling. Telling you as I would do it.

I'm an arselicker. One of life's suckups. I can't spell sleeves. Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to do everyone elses job for them and give myself an early heart attack without getting paid a penny more. Too many contractors back off as opposed to working themselves into the ground to cover up other peoples incompetence.

Just say to yourself, I am everyone's bitch.
                  I'll stick to doing what I am contracted to do thanks.

Comment

I'll stick to doing what I am contracted to do thanks.
                    You bedwetting Urban Dictionary: limp dick

Comment

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

I am the BPM architect. I designed the BPM processes, and the logical data model. I have completed 155 page F-Spec.

The other guy, the Sharepoint Lead was supposed to requirements gather and design the Sharepoint bits.

Very very simple. Even the folks on here should be able to grasp this really simple premise.

One would hope
                      "I am the BPM architect. I designed the BPM processes" So the CSF, KPIs and PIs are in your process documentation somewhere amongst that 155 pages. You did make sure Bob got a copy didn't you?

"...and the logical data model" So you already determined what is mandatory and non-mandatory data? It's documented in your 155 page functional spec isn't it? I may have asked already but you did give Bob a copy?

Hope this brings some clarity....you are welcome

oh and there's no need to facepalm me Bob, only responding to your cry for help in a brotherly contractor kinda way...

Comment

Working...
                      X